The incumbent is responsible for Sanction screening conducted in bank accounts. Additionally, the person is responsible to ensure timely resolution of the alerts generated through AML Screening system as well as take follow-ups from branches for identifying reasons of such alerts.
- Supervise the sanction screening team to ensure effective case management.
- Ensure compliance with local and international laws, regulations with respect to Sanction screening and Terrorist Financing.
- Be part of CFT desk to assist Head of AML to ensure compliance with role and responsibility of CFT desk.
- To ensure Compliance of SBP directives regarding UN Sanctions / Government instructions on freezing of accounts of negative individuals / entities, coordinate with the regions for necessary feedback, submission of consolidated compliance status to regulator within TAT
- Updating of all Private lists on compliance Link Portal on timely basis.
- Conducting enhanced due diligence investigations in support of AML policies and procedures.
- Reporting unusual client activities which might relate to sanctioned individuals, money laundering or terrorist financing where required.
- Ensure compliance Screening of Customers, Employees, Vendors, and Suppliers before having any business relationship.
- Ensure closure of sanction screening alerts within the defined timeline
- Assist Management and department personnel with various activities assigned, specially activities asked by SBP inspector.
- Continuous monitoring, implementation & enhancement of the AML operating environment while ensuring adherence to applicable internal policies.
- Acting as a key point of contact for AML queries and escalations from various stakeholders
- Motivation, performance management and development of staff (including AML training) to provide the highest level of service to all internal and external clients.
- To assist Head of AML in coordination for smooth execution of compliance program, policy and matters relating to compliance committee.
15. Actively participate in bank-wide awareness trainings for AML/CFT to strengthen the Compliance culture within the Bank either as a trainer or attendee.
- Performing any other task as assigned by AML Head