The incumbent will take forward the community/clinical programs (Medical) of AKHS,P and will provide technical support in programs planning, development, monitoring and supportive supervision to regions to strengthen the community/clinical programs and medical services across AKHS,P.
MBBS, & MPH or equivalent
Experience, Skills and Competencies:
Must have experience of at least 5 to 8 years in community health and clinical settings.
· Must be knowledgeable of current practices of community programs, hospital setting, administration and management.
· Should be able to apply knowledge of theory into practice.
· A natural leader with presence and stature, able to forge partnerships, build trust and command respect.
· Strong consensus — building, interpersonal skills, backed by excellent people management, communication and negotiating skills.
· A team player, strong networking skills, backed by excellent people management skills who can work with a very diverse and demanding stake holder i.e. Head of AKDN institutions.
The Aga Khan Health Services (AKHS) is one of three agencies of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) that support activities in health. The others are the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) and the Aga Khan University (AKU). Together, the three agencies provide quality health care to five million people annually and work closely on planning, training and resource development. AKHS also works with the Aga Khan Education Services (AKES) and the Aga Khan Agency for Habitat (AKAH) on the integration of health issues into specific projects. Aga Khan Health Service, Pakistan (AKHS,P), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network, is a not- for- profit Company operating in Pakistan to provide primary and secondary health care to needy populations. At a time of great change and with many current initiatives and ambitious for the future, AKHS,P provide a uniquely challenging work environment.