Finance Officer- Contractor
Duration - 15 months
The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region. Through a continuous presence in Pakistan since 1954, the Foundation has developed strong ties and valuable expertise on local, regional, and international issues. With an extensive network of local and regional partners in both government and civil society, our projects extend throughout the country, and range from large, nationwide programs to small, local initiatives. The Foundation is seeking the services of a Finance Officer (Contractor). The position is located at the Foundation Country Office in Islamabad. The Finance Officer (Contractor) will directly be supervised by the Senior Manager Finance, Grants and Compliance.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Foundation to be an affirmative action employer and not discriminate against any applicant for employment on account of sex, race, color, age, religion, origin, marital or veteran status, health status or disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including hiring, training, promotion, performance evaluation, compensation levels and termination.
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager Finance, Grants and Compliance, the Finance Officer (Contractor) is largely responsible for the following tasks:
· Manage general "Quick Books" data entry which includes, daily entry of all the expenses for all projects as well as admin expenses through vendor payment (RFPs).
· For each transaction, review the complete trail for completeness and audit accuracy, checking the status of vendors for Filer and Non-Filers status, application of relevant income and sales rates, and any other requirements imposed by law.
· Preparation of Weekly QB transaction batches includes compilation and review of the complete transition batch and making it ready for upload.
· Preparation of voucher files and ensuring completeness for audit purposes.
· Employee reimbursements (EERs) its review and corrected.
· Bank accounts reconciliations on monthly basis.
· Assist with internal & external audits as required for TAF as an organization, as well as project audits. Also, served as the focal person for administrative expenses on the A-133 audits and Head office level audit for TAF PK.
· Work on different year-end closing schedules, mainly but not limited to Bank Accounts, Accounts Payable and employee advances.
· Reconciliation and clearance of withholding income and sales taxes.
· Download Tax Deduction certificates for vendors from time to time from the website of the Federal Board of Revenue. Provision of Tax Deduction Certificate to vendors when they request and for all vendors at year-end.
· Dealing with banks and vendors on regular basis.
· Uploading of files on and processing of payments on online banking portal.
· Preparation of Annual Financial statements for The Asia Foundation-Pakistan office, as per the statutory requirements and to fulfill the newly imposed requirement by Mol.
· Preparation of complete break up of Expensed as and when required by the Tax department or any other relevant government or private organization (Like PCP).
Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills, Languages etc.)
· By applying for this position with TAF Pakistan
· I confirm that the above information in the CV/Application is complete and correct and that any untrue or misleading information will give my employer the right to terminate any employment contract offered.
The Asia Foundation - Pakistan Program contributes to bridging the gap between citizens and their government, including addressing issues of citizen demand, accountability of the state, and the empowerment of marginalized populations, especially women. The scale of our work has increased markedly, and is focused on impact. A goal is increasing our local partners' capabilities, so we can promote the long-term objective of national self-sufficiency.