The position of Business Development Manager is often found in a software house whose function it is to develop and generate new business opportunities. The main responsibility of a Business Development Manager is to manage, support, and supervise the business development department. This department is responsible for the acquisition of new projects and project bids. In the Information technology field the business development department mainly supports management by providing analysis for evaluating new business opportunities such as in/out licensing, collaborative research and development agreements, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions.
A candidate for a Business Development position requires MBA/Marketing in a related discipline and extensive experience in a relevant field.
- Initiate marketing strategies and coordinate actions to influence the market
- Clarify goals and reach agreement maintaining the interests of all parties
- Proactively develops and improve products and services
- Ability to discuss strategic and sensitive issues
- Understands clients' needs
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and clients
- Set sales targets and define strategy to achieve these targets and to follow the set strategy punctually
- Manage the proposal development process and maintain the time-lines for the proposal teams
- Develop draft proposals based on team meetings and discussions
- Maintain the Business Development databases
- Support marketing activities.
- Responsible for assigned business targets.