Swiss-based u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is the global leader in wireless and positioning semiconductors for the automotive, industrial and consumer markets. Our solutions enable people, vehicles, and machines to locate their exact position and wirelessly communicate via voice, text or video. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules and software solutions, u-blox is uniquely positioned to allow OEMs to develop innovative solutions that enable mobility quickly and cost-effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, u-blox is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA.
The person will take part in developing cutting edge wireless communication embedded software. The job provides an opportunity to do highly challenging, interesting work in a global R&D team with excellent compensation & benefits and a good career path.
- Participate in and promote the company development process which includes design, implementation, and verification.
- Create detailed technical documentation for developed functional block or features.
- Conduct analysis and implementation new features according to a requirement specification and project plan.
- Take responsibility for the detailed definition and verification phase of new software blocks.
- Analyze feedback or nonconformities, provide workarounds or develop bug fixes.
- Maintain build environment, debug tools and development tools where necessary and provide relevant training to other engineers.
- Maintain coding guidelines and quality standards.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Provide guidance on improvements to engineers.
- Reporting to line manager and sub-project manager on activities.
- Assists other team members on the job.
- Guides and trains other team members.
- Improves the development process.
- Responsible for sub-projects and tasks assigned to the holder of this job.
- Responsible for technical direction in a particular area of expertise.
- BSc/MSc degree in electrical engineering, computer science/electrical engineering, computer science/electronics
- Demonstrate strong interest in the digital (wireless) communications sector
- Real-time operating systems
- Programming languages and tools: C, C++, Perl, Python
- Ability to work as a member of bigger projects.
- Flexible team player.
- Can lead a team of engineers.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good English communication skills in speaking and writing
- Over 9 years relevant experience in software development
- Knowledge of 3GPP standards (3G/4G) is highly desirable