We’re seeking experienced, detail-oriented In-house Editors to work at our office in Islamabad. If you have a knack for grammatical accuracy, are an astute observer of every incorrect word and typo in everything you read, then you’re just the person we’re looking for!
Your job responsibilities may include:
- Heading a freelance proofreaders’ team
- Assign them new manuscripts to proofread, review their work and give them feedback
- Maintain a profile of the proofreaders, keep track of what manuscripts they’ve been assigned and make sure the deadlines are being met.
- Evaluate their performances as you go along.
- Finalizing proofed manuscripts
- Once the proof-read manuscript has been received, it would be the editor’s task to finalize it before it can be sent back to the author. This will include going through the edits in the manuscript and making sure that any grammatical or formatting edits made are indeed necessary.
- Carrying out amendments requested by the author
You need to have:
- A strong grasp over British English grammar and syntax
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently within strict production schedule deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Linguistics, or other writing-intensive programs, or equivalent professional experience.
- A strong grasp over MS Office
- Passed IELTS or TOEFL tests or a O/A Level background is a plus
- If you believe you have what it takes, do send in your résumés to the following email address:
- Looking forward to meet you and hear your story so far.