Viral Webbs is currently seeking a Senior PHP Developer to join our team.
The ideal candidate for the Senior PHP Developer role is a self-starter who relishes the chance to take ownership over assigned projects while working collaboratively in a team environment.
The Senior PHP Developer is dedicated to his craft, and who can hit the ground running.
We need you to write beautiful, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways.
You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing web development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
Essential Duty and responsibilities:
- Integral member of a creative team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
- Design and develop web based applications using PHP and other web technologies;
- Responsible for all aspects of ongoing web development from initial specification through development, testing and launching;
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary;
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop bold new ideas;
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Build web applications that scale in face of ever increasing traffic;
- Build applications that are extendable;
- Coordinate with management , and other members in planning and meeting all objectives and be responsible for estimations and tracking of development efforts;
- Working with and re-platforming legacy applications;
- Build ecommerce applications using Magento;
- Strong knowledge of Wordpress websites at customizing level.
- Wordpress theme development or plugin development will be great plus.
- Must have knowledge of MVC and proven experience in CodeIgniter and Laravel.
- Expertise in UI/UX will be a plus
Required Skill Set:
- Proven leadership abilities;
- Proven web development experience in PHP;
- Ability to demonstrate portfolio of consumer facing high traffic products;
- Strong software architecture, software design and coding skills;
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of web technologies;
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services;
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas;
- Previous experience mentoring/supporting a team
- E-Commerce Experience Preferred
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science.