A new upcoming International Franchise in Clifton require a store manager. The Store Manager will plan and direct the day-to-day operations of the store. Develop strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, increase profitability, create store policies and marketing programs that will increase sales and grow the existing customer base. Maintain high store standards and conditions and foster a positive environment.
Ensure customer needs are met, complaints are resolved and service is quick and efficient. Ensure all products and displays are merchandised effectively to maximize sales and profitability. Forecast staffing needs and develop a recruiting strategy to provide optimal staffing in all areas.
Lead and direct the work of others. Typically reports to top management. The successful candidate will maintain and adjust operations to stay within the corporate budget and make any changes necessary to sustain the projected profit margin for each quarter.
· Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
· Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees
· Maintain store staff job results by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
· Prepare annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions
· Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
· Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
· Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
· Determine marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Develop a schedule of holiday activities and promotions throughout the year strategically designed to bring in more revenue
· Provide training to improve the knowledge base of the staff and utilize cross-training methods to maintain productivity when employees are absent
· Manage all controllable costs to keep operations profitable
· Deal with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organizing training and development
· Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
· Respond to customer complaints and comments
· Organize special promotions, displays and events
· Promote the organization locally by liaising with local schools, newspapers and the community in general