The Admin Officer is responsible for supporting Manager Operations & Procurement in day-to- day operations and procurement-related tasks. The officer is responsible for assisting supervisor to ensure a clean, well-organized, professional, and administratively efficient office environment for AGES staff and visitors.
The Admin Officer will at all times adhere to and act according to the World Learning Inc. Code of Ethics and will make the principles of the Code a part of the project’s culture and standard operating procedures.
The Admin officer will also ensure that professional and transparent relationships are maintained with all WL-AGES staff, project partners, donors, counterparts, vendors, and others with whom he/she interacts on the project.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Science, Economics, Business, Accounting or a related field is required.
- Experience of 3-5 years in the areas of administration, event management and logistics.
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work.
- Fluency in both English and Urdu required; other Pakistani languages preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong moral code of ethics.
- Detail oriented and ability to accurately document auditable files.
- Successful experience working in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
III. Specific Tasks
With the guidance of Manager Operations and Procurement, the Admin Officer will:
1. Assist supervisor in handling and overseeing all offices administration/operations, coordinating payment of all invoices with the finance team, coordinating AGES technical logistics as required, and maintaining close coordination with all administrative and technical staff.
2. Assisting supervisor in maintaining up-to-date record keeping and filing audit;
3. Assist to seek bids which support office operations & procurements;
4. Responsible for assisting the supervisor in managing AGES office equipment, including routing services and maintenance, and acquisitions needed for AGES office operations;
5. Assist with the preparation of other project documentation as required including, but not limited to, meeting agendas, notes, presentations, etc.
6. Assist supervisor in organizing events, conducting local procurements and communicating with local vendors;
7. Assist supervisor in managing the office calendar, including finalizing meeting dates, appointments, locations, office cars and drivers, assisting with coordinating staff, and other logistical needs;
8. Maintain project inventory and departmental filing system per World Learning guidelines;
9. Assist supervisor to keep records up-to-date in hard and soft files;
10. Liaise with the technical team to gather detailed operations requirements to ensure prompt appropriate process.
11. Assist supervisor in maintaining vehicles efficiently;
12. All other administrative tasks as designated by the supervisor.