Consultants’ Scope of Work
· Develop a comprehensive activities chart/roadmap in consultation with DCRD & AJ&K TBB Team to develop new textbooks and get it approved from competent Authority.
· Assist Textbook Board in revisiting National Textbook and Learning Material Policy and Plan of Action, 2007 in the context of AJK
· Assist AJK Textbook Board in developing materials and arranging orientation sessions for of potential textbook writers associated with private publishers.
· Technical back stopping to Authors for development of textbooks in the subject of Urdu from Grade1-5 including development of model chapters.
· Assist in revising/updating textbook review criteria and arrange training sessions for reviewers, editors and evaluators for finalization of manuscript.
· Present the finalized manuscript to TAC and PSC.
Required Qualification and Experience
· post-graduation degree in Education or relevant disciplines
· strong background in Urdu curriculum review & content development for primary grades
· Demonstrated experience of textbooks review or development in public or private sector
· Demonstrated experience to work with government or private sector schools
· Strong background knowledge learning to read approach and reading improvement strategies
· Excellent report writing skills in English and Urdu
· Excellent knowledge and fluent in Urdu
The consultant Primary Role is to orient different stakeholders on development of manuscript, provide technical backstopping to authors for development of Urdu language textbooks from Grade1-5 and present these manuscripts to TAC &PSC.