The Area Liaison Officer is responsible for all communications with the local authorities at both District and Provincial levels and sub-levels and military liaison, and may provide administrative support as well as security and human resources assistance whenever necessary.
Under the authority of:
- Area Coordinator.
- Deputy Area Coordinator.
- Country Liaison Manager
- Ensure compliance of ACTED with all general requirements of the Provincial and District Authorities and Military Orders including submission of requested reports and responding to special requests.
- Advice ACTED on its relationship with the local authorities to facilitate a positive cooperative relationship.
- Advise programme teams on specific regulations implemented by the Authorities that impact the ability to implement activities and/or impact the speed of implementation.
- Submit and follow up on any pending permissions/authorisations to conduct activities across the District as per the needs of programme teams and ensure presentations on completed activities are provided in a timely manner when required.
- Support programme teams in their communications with District Government Departments and/or in the collection of Government data for programme planning purposes.
- Ensure all ACTED Internationals arriving in Sind have all the necessary documentation to access and remain in Sind.
- Ensure all copies of up-to-date permissions for ACTED to operate in the District are regularly filed and passed on to the country office in Islamabad.
- Undertake regular field visits, including at the specific request of Programme Teams, to ensure all Union Council Authorities are briefed on ACTED activities and that all activities are properly coordinated at every administrative level.
- Capitalise on all processes and documentation used on a regular basis for interactions with local authorities including: (a) preparation of templates for basic programme requests; (b) development of a follow-up tool for all pending requests initiated by ACTED and any/all ad-hoc/regular requests made by the government athurities; (c) preparation of an authorities contact/information sheet to be updated on a monthly basis; (d) preparation and dissemination to senior management of procedures/processes to be followed according to the type of interaction; (e) land ownership legal technicalities and processes of follow-up.
- Support processes at the Area Office aimed at improving internal and, as per the recommendations of Coordination, external communication / visibility; i.e. development of an ACTED Information Bulletin, implementation of an activities bulletin board, etc.
- Advice ACTED on opportunities for collaboration with local NGOs, private sector organisations, and government departments; specifically support coordination in developing practical relations with other actors.
- Represent ACTED at local coordination meetings or local NGO form and ensure good relations with them.
- Taking care of all WAPDA, Muncipal athurities, landlored of office or guesthouse, Gas department during any issue arise between ACTED and these department
- Complete daily security situation reports to Coordination in both Area and the country office in Islamabad outlining the major incidents and general trends.
- Support Coordination in developing security guidelines.
- Coordinating with the LEA (Law Enforcement Agencies) for the smooth flow of prior security information and security clearances from the agencies.
- Attending Security cluster meetings
- Carryout detailed security analysis of the Area of Responsibility.
- Carryout monthly MOSS checks and making security titanic every month
- Monitoring all the movement of national/international staff as per security situation.
- Generating security guidelines to the local staff as per the prevailing security environment in the area.
- Prepare weekly activity reports for the Area Coordinator outlining meetings attended and issues discussed therein along with any required action points.
- Translation of any documents required for the purposes of coordination / external relations.
- Ensure all paperwork is filed and disseminated, where necessary, to the relevant line manager for their respective filing.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsabilité of every ACTED staff member.
ACTED is an equal opportunity employer. Females, minorities and disabled are encouraged to apply.
ACTED is a commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
ACTED are equal opportunity employers.
Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply