Key responsibilities :
- Implementation of Mobilisation Activities
- Participates in need assessments, Participatory Rural Appraisals, feasibility studies, stakeholder analyses and community consultations;
- Liaises with Governmental and non Governmental Agencies.
- Supports the development of agreements and MoUs with community based organizations or other civil society groups.
- Elaborate all needs based inputs and all other activities according to the objectives of the programme and the beneficiary involvement strategy of ACTED.
- Mobilizes the community in the effective use of the community resources.
- Mobilize communities for the prioritizing of recovery activities and strategies.
- Facilitates the capacity building and setup of representative community committees (steering committees).
- Identifies unskilled and skilled Cash For Work beneficiaries in close cooperation with the steering committee.
- Ensure, through daily dialogues and consultations that the strategy of the projects and the commitments of the various stakeholders are adhered to.
- Responsible for mainstreaming gender
- Maximize beneficiary contribution.
- Participate in NFI distributions whenever required.
- Supports in the development of IEC materials for all activities implemented.
- The Community mobilisers should develop in-depth knowledge of all their villages of intervention and should have close contacts with community leaders, volunteers, and activists.
- Support and supervise daily skilled and unskilled workers / project volunteers and give them useful instruction regarding their work improvement, through coordination with the relevant skilled staff;
- Providing technical guidance, training and support to individuals targeted by each project in line with the programme strategy and intended output[s];
- Ensure on time completion of the tasks in line with BoQs and designs;
- Liaising with programme staff of other ACTED teams to ensure that information is shared and that lessons learned are developed.
- Supervise the unloading of the material on site as well as quality and quantity of the items
- Fill, Check & control daily Workers attendance sheet on daily basis;
- Ensure construction logbook and other documentation requested by the line manager is correctly completed.
- Control that construction materials and tools are used properly, and complete waybills to accompany any movement of stock/tools between locations in the field / between the base and field.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member.
ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.