Objective 1 – Engage market stakeholders to create earning opportunities for graduates
· Engage micro, small and medium enterprises, business associations/ trade unions and cooperatives in the identification of occupations and occupational skill sets for potential employment opportunities and enhance performance of private sector enterprises.
· Identify occupational and skill set gaps which should be addressed in order to improve employment opportunities for youth and women within targeted sectors.
Objective 2 – Link TVET Centers and link them with relevant market players
· Mobilize and support Advisory Councils formed by ACTED at TVET Centers and create further industry linkages
· Develop the capacity of TVET centers and TVET service providers to provide employment-related services to all trainees in order to support their efforts in finding employment opportunities upon completion of skills development training.
· Strengthen the capacity of staff of TVET Centre on business plan development and micro-entrepreneurship
Objective 3 – Link graduates with income opportunities and financial services
· On the job training - Supervise, monitor and evaluate internship and apprenticeship programs in order to ensure that the interns and apprentices trainees receive quality training in terms of time, access and hands-on practical opportunities during the training programs.
· Career counseling - Play a leading role in providing support, guidance and advice on possible employment opportunities to TVET centers and TVET graduates.
· Business development - Support graduates in preparing business plans for self-employment and applying for micro-finance loans.
· Reporting - Produce timely reports on monitoring giving both quantitative and qualitative data/information measuring progress against set benchmarks/indicators; highlighting program achievements, constraints and key recommendations. Produce timely progress monthly and quarterly progress report.
· Awareness - Contribute to enhanced awareness/reputation of technical and vocational education as a means to improve employment and income perspective of youth.
· Liaison - Work closely with internal departments, project partners and external stakeholders and ensure good working relations prevail.
Essential skills and experience
· A master degree from an accredited university in Business Administration & Economics, or related field.
· At least 3 years of experience. At least 1 year involvement in TVET programs.
· Experience of working in the project area and with local markets, especially in ACTED implementation areas of
· Practical experience of linking TVET with employment opportunities, value chain and livelihood development.
· Familiarity with technical areas of economic recovery and development, civil society and crosscutting themes regarding youth development programs and gender mainstreaming.
· Strong report writing skill in English.
· Very good computer skills.
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team and with minimum supervision.
· Strong inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills.
· Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and work under tight deadlines.
Desired skills and experience
· Knowledge and experiences in Project Cycle Management in particular in monitoring and evaluations.
· Experience in conducting market research and analyzing market data
Key Behaviors & Abilities
· Commitment to ACTED’s mandate and objectives.
· Experience working with diverse communities.
· Highly developed organizational, liaison and communication skills.
· Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a small team.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and be administratively self-sufficient.
ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.
ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency. Our mission is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social ...阅读更多