Who are we?Afiniti is the world’s leading applied artificial intelligence and advanced analytics provider. Afiniti Enterprise Behavioral Pairing™ uses artificial intelligence to identify subtle and valuable patterns of human interaction in order to pair individuals on the basis of behavior, leading to more successful interactions and measurable increases in enterprise profitability. Afiniti operates throughout the world, and has measurably driven billions of dollars in incremental value for our clients.
Purpose The Database Administrator will be responsible to ensure database availability with optimal performance, security and day-to-day production DBA tasks including but not limited to troubleshooting & problem resolution. He/She will be responsible to ensure defined SOPs, Standards, Best Practices are in-place through change management controls and is willing to work as part of 24/7 Production Support DBA Team.
- Installation, administration, monitoring & support, maintenance, up-gradations of database servers to ensure 24/7 availability.
- Implements standardized solutions to manage database physical structures, functional capabilities, security, backups, replication, archiving/purging etc.
- Maintains quality of service by practicing defined SOPs, organizational standards, compliance requirements & change management process.
- Must possess sound knowledge & expertise on database performance tuning especially SQL query optimization.
- Troubleshoot & resolve production database issues in accurate and timely manner within defined SLAs / OLAs & practice ITIL incident/problem management process.
- Manage database physical & logical structures, access & authorization, maintenance plans, database resources & standard DBA tasks.
- Maintain a good, healthy & friendly environment within & outside team.
- Shall be able to provide requested reports like RCA, Database Health Report etc.
The ideal candidate will have
- 1 to 8 years of working experience in reputed organizations especially with Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL on Linux and other databases in general SQL Server, Greenplum etc.
- Experience with any NoSQL database or MongoDB especially will be given preference.
- Strong exposure to RDBMS engine internal working, storage & memory optimization, performance tuning & SQL query optimization including hints, etc.
- Thorough understanding of database Engine & Configurations, HA & Replication, Logging & Auditing, Backups & PITR, Security & Authentication/Authorization etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of team.
- Should be a quick learner having analytical/logical problem solving approach.
- Should possess pleasant & flexible personality with effective communication skills.
- Should be able to deliver the desired results being in shift in a 24x7 working environment under tight time-lines.
- Available to work in flexible 24/7 shift timings and official travels as/when required
Education & Qualifications
- Computer Science or Information Technology Graduate from reputed institute
Salary & PackageAs well as a competitive base salary dependent on the number of years of experience, we also offer Corporate benefits.