We are looking for a motivated individual with a degree in fashion designing, who will take the lead in the launching of a fashion brand and will also be responsible for the following:
- Fashion designer will be responsible for the entire design of the piece of clothing.
- Few of the main duties of a fashion designer are sketching out a new design, deciding which type of fabric to use, displaying the piece at an event, and creating a manufacturing plan.
- Fashion designer will also have to test the design on various models and people.
- Scope includes 2-3 collections every year with 6-8 styles per collection.
Responsibilities for Fashion Designer
- Sketch out the design
- Test different fabric materials for the design
- Test the design on models and people
- Work with production to see if the design is feasible
- Samples Development, Size Specification accordingly approved designs
- Increase knowledge of the fashion industry
- Select fabrics, embellishments, colors, or a style for each garment or accessory
- Work with other designers or team members to create prototype designs
Qualifications for Fashion Designer
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability to create eye-catching designs
- A good eye for fashion
- Expert in fabric development & processing
- Sketch designs, select fabrics and patterns and give instructions on how to make the products they design
- Ability to work alone
- Ability to collaborate with other designers