Looking for Database Administrator, who has the passion, aspirations and ability to take up backup, recovery, scalability and availability of modern, high performance databases and data warehouse solutions for big data platforms.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent years of software development experience required
- 5+ years of hands-on DBA experience including database design and implementation required
- 5 years of experience working with database technologies such as MySQL required
- 3 years of experience in data modeling and profiling required
- Experience using programming languages/workflows such as Shell Scripting (BASH, KSH), Python, AWS (Chef, ansible, Json, Cloud Formation, Terraform, Jenkins), Kubernetes preferred
- Database certifications preferred
- Strong experience in building and supporting databases on-premise and cloud for both physical and virtual environments
- Strong experience in independently configuring and supporting multiple enterprise-wide complex databases
- Strong experience in database performance tuning, clustering, capacity planning, automated backup/recovery, and disaster recovery procedures
- Knowledge of supporting data warehouses, data marts, and operation data store architecture and solutions
- Good understanding of networking concepts applicable to database support and monitoring.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work independently and direct work to other team members