Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Configure and troubleshoot IPSEC VPNs with different clients who have firewalls from different vendors
- Configure and install various network devices e.g.:
Cisco Nexus Switches
Cisco ASA firewalls
- Configure network services (e.g., Site-2-Site VPN, Remote access VPN, VLAN, BGP, MPLS-VPN, Firewall policies, NAT/PAT/Port-Forwarding)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including firmware updates and patches.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and the success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools and policies.
- Troubleshoot performance related issues in infrastructure and clients’ virtual environments.
- Troubleshoot BGP peering issues.
- Open tickets with internet/MPLS service providers, and with vendors to resolve various issues
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization
- Take regular configuration backups
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skill – All clients are foreigners
- Must have practical experience with firewalls Cisco ASA
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Experience with high-end Routers e.g ASRs
- Experience with Cisco switches Nexus 5K, 3K, 6500, 3800, 3700 etc
- Experience with: PAT, NAT, IPSEC Site-to-Site VPN, Remote access VPN, Spanning tree, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VLAN, Access control lists, MPLS.
- Familiar with DHCP, DNS, NTP, Dell Sonic wall, Palo Alto firewall, Checkpoint firewall, Vyatta firewall is a plus.
- CCNP security or higher (CCIE Security)