An excellent opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join our growing Web Solutions team as a Web Tester/Quality Assurance. BCDS is a Software house that is responsible for providing its clients with a range of Web-based services from Web site design and development through search engine promotion services.
- This position reports to the Development Manager and working alongside our existing team of web developers, you will help to ensure that the work that is produced by the Web Development team is of high quality and directly meets the needs of the business.
- The testing process is a crucial part of the development cycle, giving opportunity within this role to make a direct and immediate impact upon divisional success.
- This position will ideally suit candidates with excellent communication skills who are highly motivated, methodical and passionate about delivering quality solutions, and who possess excellent attention to detail and solid experience in testing web applications.
- You may have worked in the following capacities: Web Tester / Quality Assurance Tester; Software Tester; QA Tester; Website Tester; Test Analyst
- Play a key role in software quality improvement for customer-facing websites
- Identify test scenarios for web site solutions produced by the team
- Write test plans and perform functional, standards and cross-browser compliance testing Identify and document all system errors
- Maintain a repository of system test plans
- Ensure all work meets customer expectations and departmental quality standards
- Maintain an active knowledge of software testing tools, standards, and processes
- Develop a wide understanding of client website systems from a non-testing perspective
- Take ownership for and maintain user documentation.
- Proven previous experience in testing web applications
- Ability to define test cases from functional requirements
- Expert in cross-browser/environment testing
- Experience of specific tools and processes used in web software testing
- Knowledge of web standards and technologies including accessibility compliance
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to “think outside of the box”
- An aptitude for ongoing learning and ability to develop skill sets Professional, positive and results-oriented approach Focused and enjoys working independently