We are looking for
The incumbent is responsible to oversee the bank's technology-related strategies and initiatives. Ensure IT Division enables business growth while maintaining a reliable and secure service that focuses on customer delight, auditors and state regulators. Lead and ensure fast paced IT expansion of in-house development and third-party capability across a range of new technologies.
· Set goals and objectives, and measure the performance, of your 3 main IT functions;
· Assess current and anticipated business needs related to technology ranging from infra to application development.
· Identify both short- and long-term technological solutions
· Make critical decisions regarding hiring personnel and implementing solutions that will allow the company to grow and thrive
· Ensure company’s products are stable, less error prone, easy to expand, and easy to maintain
· Have the technical sense to identify improvement potential, and continue improving the company's payment platform.
· Ensure demand for IT services is carefully controlled and planned, and maintain metrics on the performance of the delivery
· Responsible for team competence build-up and development, and being measured by the team’s final deliverables
· Keep developing team’s technical strength, make team keep improving the delivery efficiency and quality by all kinds of approaches, from talent hiring and retention, skill development, engineering culture building, and to platform and tools improvement
· Create a credible long term architectural roadmap for the development and rationalization of the IT estate.
· Establish and implement company-wide standards and practices related to the organization’s technologies.
· Involve in big-picture planning, as well as more focused decisions about user-facing elements of the company’s technologies.
· Monitor these standards and practices, making adjustments based on changing circumstances or company activities.
· Closely manage the financial aspects of technology development and implementation by managing operating and capital budgets.
· Perform careful analysis and forecasting of return on investment for the company’s technologies.
· Provide leadership and guidance in hiring and personnel development, determine how to best allocate funds toward building effective technologies.
· Ensure IT operates to relevant standards, and put in place policies and procedures according to best practice.
· Serve as a trusted advisor other CXX executives.
· Provide expert advice to senior management on strategic systems conversions and integrations in support of business goals and objectives.
· Review and approve major contracts for information technology services and equipment in an efficient manner.
· Carry out any other task assigned by Chief Executive Officer.
Internal: Heads of Department.
External: IT Consultancy Firms and Vendors.
Overall 15 years of experience with 2 years in similar capacity. Experience with technology relative to industry. For example, Java EE, Open source framework spring, hibernate, ibatis and so on. Familiar with cloud and container technologies. Familiar with mainstream mobile front end and backend technologies and framework. At Least 1 year experience of hands-on coding and architecture, and 1 year of experience building mobile Internet products. Must have managed development teams of 80+ size.
Behavioral Skills and Competencies:
· Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
· Leadership and People Management Skills.
· Analytical & Problem Solving Skills.
· Managing and coaching skills.
· C-Level Networking.
· Knowledge of designing/developing IT systems and planning significant IT implementation.
· Broad knowledge of software development technologies/methodologies, software architecture, infrastructure and data center operations.
· Strategy, Budgeting, Pricing and Vendor Management
· Banking & Fintech exposure is preferred.
· Exposure to Regulators is preferred.