Techspace is a product and software company that specializes in digital transformation. The Techspace team is composed of ex-startup founders and top talent in Product, UX/UI, Software development, and Data Science. This team is committed to helping worldwide entrepreneurs and business leaders disrupt their industries.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team in the role of a DevOps Engineer who will help us first build out our technology stack followed by improving the efficiency of our infrastructure and the availability of our applications. This candidate must have strong analysis and troubleshooting skills with experience managing enterprise class applications and infrastructure. Strong experience with open source technologies is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining, and managing cloud-based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of production systems.
- Build, release, and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security using best in class cloud security solutions.
- AWS: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security. DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Strong UNIX Admin experience (must have!)
- Experience with system architecture
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Bash, Python) and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Experience with various monitoring packages (e.g. Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, Munin, etc.)
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Operational experience with Container Orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes, or Mesos
- Experience working with Puppet or other configuration management systems
- Operational experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools
- Google Data Cloud experience nice to have
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to write and maintain policies and procedures