Job Role, Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements:
D1 Brands is among the fastest growing Amazon FBA business acquirers. We buy great brands that sell exceptional products on the Amazon platform. D1 Brands is committed to provide superior quality and unparalleled customer service in all aspects of our business. We believe each employee contributes to the success and growth of our Company.
Supply Chain Managers are pivotal players in the logistics planning process. They help companies identify problems as they develop. Manufacturing, storage, and shipping products are essential elements that Supply Chain Managers overlook. They must be able to create strategies by analysing information and processes and present their findings. Candidates should be strong communicators who love to collaborate with others.
Supply Chain Management requires an understanding of demand, data, and legal documents to build lasting relationships as they increase efficiency and focus on warehouse optimization. You'll ensure the right amount of product is made at the right time, as well as coordinate the storage of the product. Organising the movement of goods from 3PLs to fulfilment centres involves forecasting trends and managing inventories. Coordinate production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, or financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, or safety. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Coordinate with team to ensure all SKUs among all brands are available / in-stock at all times
- Prevent overstocking + minimize storage costs at Amazon FBA
- Forecast demand and create supply plans that ensure availability of products
- Monitor forecasts and demand plans to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders
- Negotiate contracts for transportation, distribution, or logistics services
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution
- Evaluate potential of software, tools, or resources.
- Document organizational or operational procedures.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Plan, manage, and coordinate all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary products and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand
- Work directly with brand management department to determine most cost-effective shipping solution for finished goods transportation to fulfillment centers (Air, Sea)
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements
Requirements, Skills & Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, or equivalent experience (Supply Chain Management certification is preferred)
- At least 3 years of experience with Ecommerce Supply Chain Management (preferably with Amazon FBA)
- Experience managing and improving supply chain data, information and processes
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize large-picture projects and foresee challenges that needs to be addressed
- Ability to research manufacturers and determine the best supplier to reach out to for various projects
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges
- Great inter-personal written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills with the ability to work under pressure, maintain accuracy and keep to deadlines
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Creative & problem-solving
- A strategic and analytical mind
- A logical and systematic approach to work
- Excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- IT literacy, skills in Excel and the ability to handle electronic data
- Understanding of risk management in the context of the supply chain.
This is a remote position. If you meet the above criteria, please apply and tell us why you’re a good fit for this role.
The selection of a candidate for this role requires technical and critical thinking assessment organized by the company for shortlisted candidates. Do you have what it takes?