Diem Technologies, a Canadian Mobile App company is seeking a SENIOR Android Developer with experience building complex apps. The successful candidate will be working as part of Diem's new Lahore Office, developing the Diem app, currently operating in the U.S. and Canada. We offer ordering of instant home services through the app like home cleaning, grass cutting, handyman, and other services in major cities like Toronto, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington.
- Work on fairly complex Android apps with background threads.
- Work with local and remote databases
- Create top-notch Android apps focusing especially on UI/UX across a broad range of use cases
- Understand business rationale and focus on customer user experiences
- Deliver high quality technical designs, with outstanding functionality and performance
- Improve functionality, find bugs and create new features for our apps
- Work in a team with our designers, backend development team and the project managers in an agile and creative way
- Set the next standards of user interfaces through research and continuous training
- Help us in expanding and nurturing our great team
- 3+ years of Android app development experience
- Outstanding eye for developing UI/UX which works well on any given Android device
- Knowledge of memory management and continuous integration
- Hand on experience with JAVA and Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Ability in networking, local data caching, and multi-threading
- Working with Android Studio, Android SDK, & Android Tools, Firebase, AWS
- Familiarity with standard professional tools such as SVN or Git.
- Good problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Kotlin knowledge/experience is nice to have