Reference No. TVET-SSP 2021/064
The Technical Advisor Employment Promotion:
- Responsible for planning, coordination and delivery of employment promotion in implementation region on self-employment or dependent employment of young people and young adults, including returnees with the support of the project and smooth accomplishment of relevant targets as per programme indicators in reintegration component.
- Creates linkages with private sector organizations for employment promotion and the creation of small business as per industry and sector demand.
1. Employment Promotion
- Reaches out to private sector like CCIs, BIAs and private sector enterprises for partnerships and agreements leading to employment.
- Establishes a mechanism and providing support in creating opportunities for young people and young adults, including returnees through in-kind support measures as per assessment support mechanism.
- Carries out advice, provides services and customized reintegration measures to individuals seeking employment opportunities and support, especially to migrants who have returned to the country from GCC, Germany and other countries.
- Conducts activities leading to employability provisions such as career fairs, recruitment drives, start-up workshops etc.
- Creates linkages with recruitment agencies to support employment.
- Creates linkages with various sectors in the region for entrepreneurship trainings and business-startups.
- Provides advice to returnees about job placement and training opportunities and offers guidance on business start-ups.
- Provides information to returnees on the reintegration services offered by the Pakistan German Facilitation and Reintegration Centers (PGFRC).
- Coordinates with the partner’s Career Coaching and Job Placement (CCJP) Officers and NEXT offices
- Performs necessary tasks to develop and implement skill development activities through TVET.
- Conducts research, compiles, and makes available relevant information, offers and actors in legal migration and reintegration offers (business start-up, micro-financing opportunities, job placement, vocational training, psychosocial support and others) in Pakistan.
- Conducts needs assessments with individuals from the target group.
- Coordinates with different units of the programme and GIZ regarding the advisory services provided to the target group.
- Updates relevant folders of the GIZ (DMS and Public Folder) knowledge management to facilitate access to key information for tenders such as project references, performance confirmations from clients etc.
- Ensures a good communication and information flow within GIZ and with all local and international partners.
- Documents and reports regularly on the status of operational results, adapts this documentation to the different needs of donors of the programme and other stakeholders.
2. Stakeholder Cooperation & Coordination
- Supports the National Coordinator Reintegration in coordinating and cooperating with partner institutions and other relevant stakeholders to maintain good working relationships and to cooperate towards the modules and programme’s objectives.
- Supports the establishment of structures, processes, and communication channels with the relevant stakeholders under the supervision of the National Coordinator Reintegration.
- Coordinates under the supervision of the National Coordinator Reintegration with other GIZ projects providing career advisory services to the target group.
3. Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the direct superior and programme management
C. Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Master’s degree in social sciences or any other project related field; qualification in business administration (equivalent of MBA).
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a mid-level comparable position.
- At least 3 years work experience in employment promotion and in the business start-ups area.
- Work experience in the private sector considered an asset.
- Work experience in migration related projects/ organizations considered an asset.
- Experience in an international working environment
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Highly motivated and service oriented.
- Very good management, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Language skills: Urdu (fluent spoken and written); English (very good command in speaking and writing).
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, email, the internet) and computer applications, MS Office; high command of Excel; experiences with data base applications
- Knowledge on economic and social reintegration measures and landscape in Pakistan.
- Familiarity with the administrative, political and policy environment in Pakistan.
- Ability to impart training and capacity development sessions.
- A strong capacity for effective teamwork, high degree of flexibility, ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to plan own work, manage conflicting priorities and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on privacy and protection of sensitive personal data and information.
- Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications. Proficient knowledge of MS Office including the data analyses/processing packages.
- Very good interpersonal skills and an ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relationships with partners, officials, media, and civil society.
- Ability to work within an inter/cross-cultural environment and in a politically sensitive context.