We are looking for an experienced SQL Server DBA to join our team! As a SQL Server DBA you will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical Microsoft SQL Server RDBMS systems. You will mass update data in tables and upload data received from 3rd parties.
SQL Server DBA duties and responsibilities
- Manage Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes.
- Monitor system's health and performance
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security.
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time.
- Provide suggestions for solutions.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with query tuning, and schema refinement, develop queries, update database.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Read agency manuals/requirements and develop database design and scripts. Develop queries to extract and update data based on requirements in the agency manual.
SQL Server DBA requirements and qualification
- Must know SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
- Must know Crystal Reports.
- Must be able to write scripts / stored procedures.
- 2 years of experience as a SQL Server DBA or similar role
- 2 years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- 2 years of experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- 1 year of experience of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- 2 years of experience with Windows server, including Active Directory.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Familiarity with PHP and ASP.net programming languages will be a plus.
- Familiarity with Python will be a plus