The key function of this role is to provide legal support to various business and support functions at Funsol, entailing consultation, advice, contract review and negotiation in line with the organization’s internal values, policies, procedures and applicable law and to do so independently and decisively.
The role will be responsible for both day-to-day operational activities as well as strategic initiatives and projects and will be required to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
You are expected to
- Develop understanding of company policies and procedures relating to contract management, governance, due diligence etc. of the company and its subsidiaries as well as the various online tools and portals used by the Legal Affairs department.
- Provide legal advice over all aspects pertaining to any new strategic initiatives and ventures including investments, new business lines etc.
- Assist in streamline processes and procedures pertaining to key risk areas such as data protection, anti-bribery and anti-corruption etc
- Engage in company's legal developments, contract management as well as on policies/procedures owned by or supported by the Legal function.
- Independently draft and review contracts and engage with internal stakeholders, negotiate directly with counter parties in case of any contention/conflict to provide clarifications and to seek mutual agreement accordingly
- Provide opinions and legal advice to personnel at all levels of the business on existing and new commercial arrangements. You will be expected to recognize when issues require specialist legal support and to obtain such support and advice to ensure maximum benefit for the company without incurring unnecessary costs.
LLB or LLM. Cambridge O/A level students studying law may also apply for this position.
Must have knowledge of: Contract law Business studies General Law