We are looking for an extremely talented Senior Full Stack Developer to join a UK-based SaaS start-up and be part of the founding team. The fast-paced startup is in its early stages and is currently focusing on gaining traction through its first set of B2B products, targeted at a global $20 billion industry.
This is an exciting rare opportunity for a standout software engineer to drive the future success of the company and be part of the success story. We believe in lean product launch, fast-paced and data driven decision making along with a relentless focus to delight our targeted customers in all major international markets.
Note: The role is remote and requires you to work from home. Having reliable high-speed internet connection and power is required. Please do not apply if you are unable to accommodate this requirement.
- You will be working remotely and from home in a new agile team being set up in Pakistan.
- You will work autonomously and therefore are expected to demonstrate strong ownership and meticulous focus on delivering results as opposed to 'putting in your hours'.
- You will have the opportunity to own business problems and deliver technical solutions from concept to launch, end to end.
- You must have great attention to detail and apply the highest standards of software engineering.
- Translate requirements into production-ready code, built to scale.
- Implement user-facing features using pre-built templates and UI kits.
- Develop efficient, testable, and reusable components.
- Take complete ownership of building full-stack web and mobile applications. Designing and developing full stack applications (databases, backend services, CI/CD and deployment processes, front-end applications).
- Ensuring security and privacy for application users.
- Build responsive web interactions through effective front-end architecture.
- Developing and designing RESTful services and APIs.
- Managing cloud infrastructure including build, deployments and testing.
- Keeping current with industry trends and developments that can be applied to company needs.
- Write technical documentation.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience (preferably building SaaS web applications)
- Ability to work autonomously and as a remote team member. Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Should be able to effectively manage deadlines.
- You must have actual working experience on at least one of the major PHP frameworks (e.g. Symfony, Zend, Laravel, CodeIgniter, Slim, etc.).
- Fluent in frontend technologies. As you will be working on the full software development stack, you must be comfortable working with at least a handful of frontend technologies (aside from standards compliant HTML5, CSS3 and vanilla JS/ES5/ES6) such as Twitter Bootstrap, ReactJS, VueJS, Angular, jQuery, TailwindCSS, SASS, LESS, etc.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience working with AWS.
- Sound knowledge of data structures, system design, algorithms, software modeling & design techniques.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC), OOP, and Agile Methodologies.
What is in store for you?
- Full-time Regular employment.
- Work/life balance: Work from home, 5-day work week (Monday to Friday), flexible hours but expected to put in full contracted hours every week.
- Goal-oriented management (OKRs): We work by setting clear goals and deadlines as opposed to micro-management.
- Performance based bonus: Annual bonus (1 month gross salary) on achieving your OKRs, plus additional annual bonus when the company exceeds their annual sales and launch targets.
- Generous holiday package
- Startup culture: Thrill and excitement of being part of a SaaS startup. Potential to grow the career as the startup scales.
- Mentorship: A great opportunity to learn and build highly scalable solutions alongside an experienced industry veteran.
- Monthly Allowance: Internet and home IT equipment allowance.