Hiring Database administrator for a premier Analytics company, focusing on Business Intelligence, Performance, and Data Management solutions and services.
- It is an award winning Data Analytic company.
- Its major clientele include Engro and Soneri Bank
What Are We Looking For
- Ensure database performance by performing periodic database health-checks, troubleshoot bottlenecks, fine-tune SQL queries, dissect execution plans, and effectively manage database indexes.
- Proactively identify issues by regular monitoring of database logs, SQL Agent logs, Windows Events logs, and WFCS logs.
- Collect performance related information using Extended Events, SQL Trace, and Profiler etc.
- Secure databases by managing user roles & permissions, monitor SQL logins, harden database firewall, encrypt backups, and mask sensitive data.
- Ensure 24x7 availability of SQL databases by planning and implementing High Availability & Disaster Recovery (HADR) using Always On, mirroring, log shipping, and replication etc.
- Keep databases up-to-date by installing new cumulative updates (CUs), service packs (SPs), and GDRs.
- Upgrade SQL databases to latest versions with minimal downtime by proactively finding and fixing compatibility issue.
- Manage size of huge database tables by using compression, partitioning, sharding, and archiving etc.
- Manage multiple environments like production, development, and UAT.
- Perform data merging & consolidation by creating, managing, and monitoring SSIS ETL packages.
- Liaise with vendors for creating new application databases, upgrade existing databases, and provide technical knowledge in resolving database related issues.
- Assist audit teams in database auditing, ensure data integrity, and license compliance for all database servers.
- Salary: Upto 150K
- Experience: 3+ Years