Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees required to flee from war or disaster and implements programs to rebuild and restore communities and services over the longer-term. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and conflict-affected communities. The IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab, Baluchistan and Sindh provinces.
The IRC is currently recruiting an Education Project Manager for a new three-year project for refugees and host communities education in two districts in Baluchistan.Job Overview/Summary:
Under the supervision of the Provincial coordinator and with technical backstopping from the IRC Education Coordinator, the Education Project Manager will support implementing partner in implementation of an Accelerated Learning Program (ALP) for out-of-school refugees and host children as well enrollment/re-enrollment and retention of children at risk of dropout in government schools in Baluchistan. He/she will be support for, capacity building of implementing partner in the delivery of literacy, numeracy and social and emotional learning (SEL). The role will also involve designing and conducting teachers/facilitators training, manual/module development and establishing linkages with the Ministry of Education and Social welfare department Baluchistan to ensure smooth implementation of the project as well as transition of ALP graduates into formal education, implementing measures for tracking students’ learning outcomes and working to ensure the inclusion of children with disabilities. The Education Project Manager will also support the Provincial Coordinator and Sector leads (Education and Protection) in internal and external representation at district and provincial level, as well as budget management.
In addition, s/he will be responsible for the overall project management and partnership management ensuring to work closely with partner and IRC operations and grants to coordinate and ensure quality, timely, implementation of project activities as per agreed timelines, oversight over the budget versus actual, indicator tracking, organize and lead project cycle meetings engaging relevant participants from IRC and partner staff.
Project planning and implementation:
Position directly supervises: implementing partner (local NGO)Technical Reporting to: Education Coordinator
· Strong English and Urdu language skills both written and oral; knowledge of local languages will be added value.
· Past work experience on Education and Child Protection project implementation directly as well as through implementing partner/s.
· Knowledge of Baluchistan education, social and political context
· Willingness to travel targeted districts extensively and subject to management decision be ready to relocate to Quetta (in the future).
The IRC Core Values and Commitments;
The IRC Core Values:
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
o Level of interaction with children: Frequent direct contact with children.
· IRC ensures that its staff must actively practice the roles and responsibilities related to client responsiveness, accountability to people in affected communities and must have competencies to solicits and listens to feedback and other’s perspectives, responds to feedback with maturity and sensitivity and takes appropriate decisions and makes changes to behavior or actions in response to feedback.
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...阅读更多