The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war and disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for approximately 40 years, managing and delivering large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, safeguarding, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and is currently working across the country.
Recently, the IRC has launched a 5 years’ USAID’s Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Activity primarily in five selected districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa with the objective to promote women’s social and economic empowerment through safe and dignified access to livelihoods opportunities, information, resources and services. The project will also facilitate NIC (National Identity Card) registration of 1.2 million women across 49 districts of Punjab, KP and Sindh in two years starting July 2020 by linking /bringing unregistered women at NADRA Registration Centers (NRCs) and NADRA’s Mobile Registration Vans (MRVs). Acquiring NICs will be a first step for women in opening bank accounts, registering as voters, accessing credit, inheriting and owning property and accessing social protection benefits.
The IRC is seeking a multifaceted and self-motivated individual for the position of Social Organizer (SM). The SMs will be working extensively in collaboration with Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP), NADRA and Local Government and Rural Development
(LGRD) at grass root level of Union Councils. Social Mobilizers will be responsible to build an awareness on the benefits of NICs particularly for women. Collaborating closely with respective District Voters Education Committee (DVECs), Social Mobilizers with vast communities in consultation with Union Councils to assess need of NICs for Women and facilitate NADRA Mobile Vans or take Women to NADRA centres for registration process. Social Organizers will report to respective Zonal Managers.
§ Acquire basic training in community mobilization, data collection, assessing potential Women eligible for acquiring NICs currently or within one year.
§ Identify targeted women by mobilizing communities to obtain NICs with close coordination of local leaders and key informers and facilitate women in NIC registration
§ Prepare list of women who are eligible or likely to be eligible over about one year attaining the age of NIC registration and coordinate with NADRA /arrange Mobile Van as and when needed.
§ Keep electronic record with online sharing facility. Share data with WEE authorized personnel to update and process data for NIC registration speedily.
§ Coordinate with other field workers like LHVs, local teachers, Lady Councillors and local representatives for the purpose of identifying women for NIC registration
§ Coordinate with Secretary UC to get support for NIC registration under WEE project.
§ Coordination and collaboration with community health care workers, government teachers and CSOs organizing awareness and community mobilization sessions for NICs registration.
§ Work in coordination with database, quality assurance and training team(s)
§ Work in close coordination with DVECs and DEC and NADRA for preparing visit.
§ Develop linkages among ECP, NADRA, local organizations, local governments and other partners and assist Zonal manager in the process of NIC registration.
§ Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Position Reports to: Zonal Manager
Position directly supervises: N/A
• FA/BA/Master (must be aware about Excel data management)
b) Work Experience:
• At least 02-03 years’ of work experience in community mobilization specifically in interactions / holding meetings with communities. Experience of working with Surveys/data collection using digital data handling system will be an advantage. Working for NIC registration will be preferred.
c) Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Strong community mobilization skills
• Capacity to analyze the cultural sensitivity especially during women mobilization and formation of women committees in the merged districts.
• Ability to live and work in stressful and insecure environments.
• Well-developed social skills combined with the ability and desire to further develop local staff members.
• Knowledge of issues relating to community involvement and empowerment effective.
• Some experience in coordinated government economic empowerment program.
• Knowledge and/or experience in data management, survey, or other related field of NIC registration.
d) Language Skills:
• Urdu and English
THE IRC CORE VALUES AND COMMITMENTS
• The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality, In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
• IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
• Level of interaction with children: Less frequent direct contact with children.
• IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates from minorities group and women with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...阅读更多