Because of our commitment to client satisfaction, IPPBX has grown into an industry leader.
- The driving force behind this success is our unwavering belief in clear and effective communication.
- We’re searching for an experienced technical writer to join our team and help take our client focused services to new heights.
- As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering.
- Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
Objectives of this Role
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- 3-5 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization.
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Previous software development experience Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators.
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation.