KfW is one of the world’s leading promotional banks. As an integral part of KfW Group, KfW Development Bank carries out Germany’s Financial Cooperation (FC) with developing and emerging countries on behalf of the German Federal Government. KfW’s head office is located in Frankfurt, Germany. 70 local offices cooperate with partners all over the world.
Pakistan has been one of the first partner countries of KfW as FC started already in 1961. The current portfolio of KfW amounts to more than 700 million EUR in four sectors: Energy & Climate, Sustainable Economic Growth, Health and Governance. Typically, projects financed through KfW comprise small or large infrastructure measures that will be tendered nationally or internationally and require diligent planning and regular monitoring.
The staff at the KfW Office in Islamabad comprises the country director, four sector/project coordinators and two office managers.
- Your core competence: You support to analyse projects with regards to technical and economic feasibility, economic efficiency, environmental and climate relevance and keep a close eye on ecological, institutional and social risks as well as procurement procedures.
- You support the screening of new project ideas, interact with local partners and assess the justifiability for the German financial cooperation to support the specific projects based on your technical, sectoral and local know-how.
- You support the verification of business models for new projects based on your expertise and sector-based institutional set up / regulatory framework. .
- You provide expertise inputs to appraisal concepts or project proposals and use your know-how to actively contribute to innovative and sustainable solutions in all phases of the projects.
- Together with the portfolio managers and technical experts in headquarters in Frankfurt, as well as with the local coordinators at KfW office in Islamabad, you support the monitoring of project implementation, the site-execution and the use of funds assessments, as well as the final project reviews.
- Project implementation monitoring may require liaising with technical personnel from project entities and KfW technical experts in order to arbitrate conflicts during the project cycle (e.g. conceptualization, design, tendering, contract award, construction supervision, operation)
- You support the drafting of terms of reference and the tendering process for studies as well as the evaluation of consulting reports and progress reports in coordination with technical experts from Frankfurt.
- With your local know-how and networking, you will also support the structuring of consultant and delivery contracts and give relevant input for the awarding of contracts.
- In addition, you will support and verify the application and implementation of internationally recognized standards (World Bank Group, ILO, IFC) in terms of the sustainability guidelines and the requirements of KfW Development Bank for sustainable awarding and implementation.
- You will support the identification and introduction of state-of-the-art digital solutions (including the development of suitable remote management, monitoring and verification (RMMV) approaches) in the project concept design with the aim to enhance the efficiency and effectivity of the projects, mainly during project planning and implementation phase, but potentially also to support sustainable operation and maintenance of the infrastructure by the local partner institutions.
- Bachelors (*B.Sc. Engineering or B.E.) or Masters in electrical (power systems)/mechanical engineering or energy technology.
- At least 5 years of extensive professional experience with power transmission and -distribution projects at an original equipment manufacturer (OEM), or distribution- transmission- system operator company or consultancy/construction company, with detailed insight into each phase of a project cycle from feasibility investigation to commissioning, ideally including operation.
- Ideally, experience in designing and / or constructing solar- and/or hydropower plants.
- Profound knowledge and application with regard to project implementation of internationally recognized standards for environmental protection (e.g. technical environmental protection, waste / wastewater management of the construction site), social and health protection as well as occupational safety, community acceptance, and social issues.
- Experience with environmental and social aspects of sustainability in international procurement processes and in drafting contracts for deliveries and services as well as experience with internationally recognized design and construction contracts (e.g. FIDIC).
- Experience with donors’ reporting requirements and industry relevant payment mechanisms (e.g. as per FIDIC Red, Yellow and Silver Book Contracts) will be an asset.
- Experience of institutional set-ups in Pakistan and relevant knowledge regarding project planning and implementation with donor agencies.
- Digital knowledgeability in agile new work methods will be an asset.
- Team player who is keen to share knowledge with colleagues.
- Business fluent Urdu and English as well as concise oral and written expression.
- Convincing demeanor, willingness to make decisions, willingness to take responsibility and resilience.
- Strong analytical skills, a goal-oriented way of working as well as experience in interface and conflict management.
- Willingness to take frequent business trips within Pakistan and, occasionally, also to Germany.
up to Rs. 350,000 per month gross (depending on experience)
Deadline for closing application: 20.06.2021
KfW Entwicklungsbank (KfW Development Bank) is part of KfW Bankengruppe and one of the major financing and implementing agencies of German development cooperation. On behalf of the German Federal Government it finances investments and advisory services in developing countries, typically with governm ...阅读更多