We are looking for an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This position offers an inspirational space to create the next innovation in mobile applications.
- Manage the full technical life-cycle of Android applications during each development phase.
- Collaborate with team members to brainstorm about new products, provide each other with technical insight and review working drafts.
- Document and maintain design specifications, source code, and archives for new applications and ideas.
- Work with product managers, clients and sales teams to assess customer demand and usability of new applications.
- Perform individual project components within the entire development lifecycle including implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Work from UI/UX requirements, APIs, mockups to build functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps.
- Diagnose performance issues, fix bugs to increase the functionality of new applications.
- Understand the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for multiple device form factors.
- Obtain buy-in from leadership in order to secure resources for app development.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Knowledge of Android SDK, Eclipse, Android Studio
- 3+ years of overall Android software development experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience of creating custom UI controls, designing protocols, implementing interfaces, and performance optimization.
- Working knowledge of Web Services, JAVA & REST (JSON) APIs.
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Service or Git source code management.