Executive Speech Writer will take the lead in producing speeches that articulate the vision and ideas of the Vice Chancellor and Senior Management who maintain a very active internal and international speaking schedule. The Executive Speech Writer would also be drafting, editing and revising official documents and communication that extend the concerned Executive’s message.
- Writing, editing and proofreading speeches and statements for the VC/Senior Management; gathering and analyzing facts, statements and all communications to and from the concerned executive; preparing and /or reviewing official statements pertaining to the executive’s office.
- Assembling, reviewing and summarizing key messages in various publications, including reports, newspapers, magazine articles, the annual report, and other periodicals.
- Determining, in collaboration with the Marketing & Communication team, appropriate news/communication’s content, design and mediums for different audiences within and outside the University
- Working with the Marketing & Communications Office to develop, refine, proofread and edit content for diverse contexts and platforms, including, but not limited to, publications, website, social media, PR, reports, interviews, research etc.
- Working closely with translators to ensure good quality statements and translated documents.
- Working closely with the University’s communications team as liaison for all communication and written media assignments related to the VC.
Work schedule needs to be flexible as it will be determined by the schedule and requirements of the VC Office and Senior Management
Travel:May be required depending upon need
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, proactive, ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Ability to adapt to the unique tone and style of the executive to deliver credible, authentic communications
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, storytelling, editing, verbal & written communication skills are necessary
- Ability to understand and communicate complex information to various stakeholders