Design and develop smooth operational affairs:
- Ensure end to end infrastructure management and configuration that includes all operating systems, MIS. Provide real time support to internal staff/departments in Head Office and Field Office on day to day IT related queries, performance gaps etc.
- Ensure end to end system efficiency is performing that includes financial software and other corporate systems are running smoothly.
- Ensure regular updates/maintains of end to end IT infrastructure, systems, software etc.
- Ensure monthly reports to management is planned and executed in time.
- Design and conduct training/Capacity Building on new Microsoft Office, develop basic technical know-how of staff to manage day to day technical matters independently with little supervision of IT department.
- Ensure smooth process for formulation of IT budget for Head Office and all key factors are reviewed for budget purposes.
- Ensure end to end design and implementation of disaster recovery policy to ensure that IT services remains functional on any such occasion.
- Ensure Plan and implement stimulation exercises to ensure readiness of disaster recovery plan.
- Ensure end to end data security & protection is intact as per Regional SOPs2.
Support to line departments & individual staff members.
- Provide high end technical support to all internal staff in head office and field office.
- Provide Capacity building to staff on basic IT know how.
- Ensure monthly report on “frequent “queries “of staff on IT related matters is developed and submitted to Country Director.
- Ensure all staff request and queries are handled within a reasonable time frame.
- Provide advice to staff on critical areas that may not be covered under given policies.
- Provide support to field level staff and mentor on key areas for smooth execution of work.
Team Management, Communication, and effectiveness:
- Impart management of highest level that includes key success areas of simplicity, honesty, easy to approach, walk the talk, open communication & feedback
- Develop and implement staff development plan on given competencies in MIS.
- Measure the plan on quarterly basis.
- Ensure different simple techniques are implemented to manage teams of this department at all levels including involvement of team members in different strategies, clear roles and responsibilities with accountability, clear understanding of team member on his/her roles, expected outcomes, minimum standards of excellence etc.
- Provide coaching to team members as a regular learning process to improve individual as well as department performance
- IT Manager is responsible for all IT systems within organization, including networks, hardware, software, storage, and security systems.
- Designing, configuration and implementation of networks, systems, security, and storage related project for the whole group.
- Assist in migrating information assets and environments into compliant, secure systems e.g. PCI Security Compliance.
- To carry out technical vulnerability assessments of IT systems and processes, identifying potential vulnerabilities, to make recommendations to control any risks identified and to ensure they are implemented.
- To respond rapidly and effectively to IT security incidents, managing them in a professional manor.
- To be responsible for the coordination of regular Information Security Reviews in the whole group and with partner organizations by conducting assessments of faculty and departmental systems, processes and infrastructure and making recommendations to minimize risks identified.
- Lead security training and communicate policies.
- Create and execute policy and audit plans and identify security risks and operation needs.
- Review configuration and updates to ensure IT infrastructure is protected.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
- To do regular maintenance checks in all servers, switches, routers, and other connectivity devices.
- Anyother task assigned by line manager.