End to end responsibility for the organization's branding & marketing, especially for managing the company brands, including;
- Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
- Lead the execution of marketing plans from start to finish, leveraging internal and external resources.
- Analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies for company brands.
- Create, maintain, and conduct reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics.
- Play a significant role in developing and implementing the company's long-term strategic plan including new product opportunities, joint ventures, and other growth initiatives to meet the company's targets.
Objectives to be achieved via following tasks:
- Manage branding, advertising, promotions, & communication activities ensuring maximum brand visibility.
- Create and execute dynamic marketing plans that will build the company’s products into leading and distinctly recognizable brands, including the development of a consistent message integrated across all programs, promotions, products, and services.
- Develop and manage a market research/ end-user insights function that will improve product development and new product introductions and guide the design effort, ensuring leading-edge, consumer-driven products and designs.
- Manage outside agency resources effectively, including creative and media, as well as public relations and corporate communication efforts.
- Build awareness of the company brands and drive incremental sales through all channels.
- Partner with all business functions, especially sales (Supply & Demand to develop strategy and tactical implementation of marketing initiatives.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing and establishing brand positioning and related communication guidelines
- Working in partnership with the brand managers and creative agency, develop creative briefs, and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets.
- Working in partnership with the brand managers and media agency, develop media briefs and guide media planning to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets.
- Overseeing market research and analysis of the competition and TA.
- Working with senior management to develop and effectively manage budgets, including tracking and continuous alignment with goals and objectives.
- Managing content and updates for customers and internal touchpoints, including social media
- Gathering customer and market insights to inform marketing and branding strategies with the goal to increase customer conversions.
- Lead and manage research projects.
- Identifying effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly
- Provide direction and directives to support staff in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving company initiatives.
- Presenting ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicating with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets.
Professional Competencies and Skills for the Position:
- Strong business and financial acumen and the ability to link marketing strategy and results directly to overall business strategy and company goals.
- A history of successful brand management and equity building.
- The ability to develop a strategy from an in-depth analysis of consumer and/or customer insights.
- Proven success driving results and delivering a return on investment to the company.
- Comprehensive program development skills, from broad-reach advertising to highly targeted, direct marketing across all relevant marketing channels and platforms.
- The ability to forge strategic alliances with key partners who can extend and build brand and company relevance.
- A track record of new product development with strong marketing and communications skills.
- It is essential for the Marketing Manager to be known for excellent influencing skills and for being able to drive consensus.
- The Marketing Manager must be able to see and articulate a future direction and execute the same.
- Conversely, the senior marketing executive must be adaptable to an environment that does not speak - marketing- as the primary language.
- He or she must have the ability to convey marketing strategies to ensure buy-in from different operating organizations and from the corporate culture, as a whole.
- He or she must also be willing to learn the new organization and truly be a student of its business.
Flexibility and Backbone:
- The Marketing Manager should be a strong and visible leader who is resilient and flexible yet exudes tremendous conviction in his ideas and programs.
- He must be willing to listen and lead.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s (Masters preferred) degree in marketing, business, or related field.
- Proven relevant experience as per roles requirements (preferably in the FMCG space).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills.
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity.