General Position Summary
The Counselor will be responsible for counseling of all PPM patients for adapting and successfully completing TB treatment and their eligible family members for LTBI treatment. S/he will be responsible for maintaining documents/files as per Mercy Corps’ program minimum standards. S/he will provide support in capacity building/on job training of field staff on communication and counseling skills. Essential Job Responsibilities
- Counsel registered TB patients in the assigned health facilities for treatment adherence and completion.
- Counsel lost to follow up patients for continuing treatment
- Counsel any refusing family members of index TB patient for screening and LTBI treatment through home visits, where required
- Counselling of RR patients who refused to get registered at PMDT sites
- Maintain record of patients counselled and followed up till outcome declaration
- Facilitate DFS in follow up and counselling of the refusals/ lost to follow up patients and ensure treatment adherence and completion.
- Develop and follow the monthly workplan in coordination with the supervisor
- Counselor will be placed in large private hospitals of the district on rotational basis.
- Counselor will visit households of TB (B +) patients for counseling of their families for screening and LTBI treatment (eligible members only) on need basis
- Conduct training sessions/ provide support in capacity building/on job training of field staff on communication and counseling skills on regular basis
- Ensure timely LTBI data collection and provision to SR for analysis
- Prepare field progress report based on the workplan and submit on monthly basis
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Reports Directly To: Regional Coordinator (SR)
Works Directly With: SR Unit
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelors with minimum of two years’ experience of working in development sector as counselor/similar role.
- Qualified Psychologists will be given preference if having relevant experience.
- Excellent communication, writing, coordination and training skills require.
- Work experience with NGO will be preferred.
Preference will be given to local candidates
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Organization reserves the right to accept or reject any or all CV(s) without assigning any reason.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.