General Position Summary
The DFS is a self-motivated and analytically capable individual who will be responsible for overall implementation of project activities in the assigned district in accordance with the PPM Operational Guidelines.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate with District TB Coordinator, Regional Coordinator, District Lab Supervisor, Private Healthcare Facilities, Private Labs and other stakeholders for effective implementation of the TB-DOTS under PPM project.
- Carry out district mapping exercise if required, in consultation with the district health department (Chief Executive Officer-Health (CEO-H)/District Health Officer (DHO)/ and District TB Coordinator (DTC) under guidance of the Regional Coordinator
- Timely submission of monthly progress report, and quarterly TB Recording and reporting (R&R) tools, activity reports after endorsement from district health authorities
- Timely submission of monthly work calendar; and ensure to follow the timelines
- Meet the assigned targets of TB case registration and activities
- Conduct regular visits of selected Hospitals, private healthcare providers, labs, large hospitals and partners for Sputum Transportation Intervention
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation as per the Guidelines
- Timely supply of anti TB drugs, labs reagents to the private partners
- To understand the crucial importance of 100 percent contact screening, and do contact screening of the bacteriologically positive cases; and put these contact persons on treatment for latent TB as per the Guidelines
- Support hospital staff in maintaining TB R&R tools and anti-TB drug stock
- Refer the rifampicin resistant TB cases to PMDT site and facilitate their registration at PMDT site
- Implementation of the Active Case Finding (ACF) activities in the field in close coordination of district health authorities and with support of the Regional Coordinator
- Coordinate with sputum transportation riders, private and public facilities and other local stakeholders for transportation of sputum samples from designated health facilities to Gene Xpert site; and ensure all the samples are transported through riders as per the Guidelines and updated in the sputum transportation App.
- Maintain chronological programmatic and financial record including activity photographs and field monitoring reports etc. of all the field activities at district level
- Submit programmatic and financial record to the office of all field activities on monthly basis as per the Operational Guidelines
- Conduct him/herself professionally and personally in such a manner so as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and in no way jeopardizing its humanitarian efforts
- Support and facilitate filed visits from national, provincial and district level stakeholders.
- Comply to all the Mercy Corps Policies for example Feld Procurement Policies and Procedure (FP3)
- Any other task or responsibility as assigned by the Regional Coordinator or the Project Manager
Reports Directly To: Regional Coordinator
Works Directly With: Regional Coordinator; TB Screeners; Doctors; labs; Xpert Testing In-charge; Project Assistant; mobile van staff; sputum transportation riders; Operations, Finance and Data Management teams.
Knowledge and Experience
- Graduation preferably in social sciences or relevant discipline
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Urdu and Punjabi
- Basic computer skills a must, including MS Word and Excel
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience with community based programs, preferably 2 years with TB DOTS awareness programs.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
Preference should be given to the local residents
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Organization reserves the right to accept or reject any or all CV(s) without assigning any reason.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.