General Position Summary
The Finance Officer will be responsible for day to day execution of Finance activities of MC- PIU Lahore as assigned by supervisor. The Finance Officer will work closely with Finance Assistant, Project Assistants, operations team in the organization. The Finance Officer will report directly to Senior Finance Officer, MC-PIU.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Review documents (related to finance) received from field to ensure quality.
- Field visits for financial monitoring.
- Compliance of MC Manual with respect to financial management.
- Ensure compliance with Mercy Corps’ policies and procedures for all good and services during the financial review at various stages of Purchase Request, Purchase Order, and processing of the payment request.
- Maintaining record of all banking and cash transactions.
- Timely disbursements of funds to all districts for the execution of their field activities and tracking all field advances for receivables and payables.
- Assist in new budgets (If needed).
- Assist/facilitate different donor and external financial audits.
- Conduct himself / herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Organization and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Strengthen field team’s capacity in matters related to finance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports Directly To: Senior Finance Officer
Works Directly With: Senior Finance Officer, Finance Assistant, Project Assistants.
Knowledge and Experience
- MBA/BBA/BS/Part ACCA/Part ICMA or equivalent in accounting or finance is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Urdu and Punjabi, Pashtu will be a plus
- Advance computer skills including MS Office (MS Word, Excel and Power Point)
- At least 3 years of progressive financial management,accounting experience is required with national and International NGOs in Finance, work experience with Global Fund grant will be a plus
- Excellent communication skills. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in Safeguarding, and a sensitivity to cultural diversity, equity, inclusion and gender issues
Preference will be given to local residents
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Organization reserves the right to accept or reject any or all CV(s) without assigning any reason.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.