Responsible for: Humanitarian Programme Assistance, Lead Seasonal programmes and Emergency Preparedness at National level
Purpose of the Post:
The Humanitarian Programme Officer main purpose is to supports Humanitarian team to
develop/implement emergency preparedness and response plans, and manages the
implementation of the humanitarian mechanism based on the MAP Humanitarian Policy, and
integration of resilience programming in humanitarian appeals. She/he works closely with the
MAP team at HQ and different forums at the country-level.
· To adapt to the changing environment of NGO sector and forces of the competitive world.
· To maintain constructive, purposeful, trust based and sincere relations with all colleagues working above or under whether directly or indirectly associated.
· To continuously upgrade own knowledge, skills, attitude and application to become more valuable member of MUSLIM AID family.
· To update management and other concerned with any development, internal or external, which can be of help to improve quality, provide better services and effectiveness and efficiency.
· To participate in all meetings, committees, forums, projects and assignments as required and expected.
· To continuously think for betterment of MUSLIM AID, its progress and its ability to fulfil its mission.
· To maintain highest standards of honesty and integrity in all disciplines.
· Supports the Humanitarian Manager towards the full implementation of the Humanitarian Response Mechanism and the MAP Humanitarian Programme implementation plan.
· Responsible to coordinates with other humanitarian agencies, donors and relevant UN agencies at country levels to advance MAP humanitarian work and promote best practices for emergency response.
· Provides coordination, technical and capacity building support to the implementing partners and country forums in ensuring effective, timely and accountable emergency response.
· To assist line manager in yearly seasonal program planning & budgeting.
· Distribution of funds to partners and Muslim Aid office(s) in coordination with line manager.
· Correspondence and liaising with partners, HQ and other stakeholders.
· Collection and compilation of reports form partners and other field offices.
· Review and finalization of reports in coordination with line manager, share final report with all relevant stakeholders.
· Clear all financial in coordination with finance team.
· Assist in humanitarian and emergency response activities.
· To assist in field surveys, assessments, monitoring and liaison with IPs to ensure timely execution and reporting.
· Documentation, filling and reporting for Humanitarian Department.
· Provide support to line manager in planning and implementation of activities as we all rapid need assessment in emergencies.
· Ensures that a functional monitoring and evaluation, reporting and learning support is
provided to country office.
· Leads the humanitarian learning and knowledge management process at the country
· Works with the Humanitarian Manager in developing the Protocol/standby arrangements, and subsequent establishment of the mechanism.
· Serves as focal person for emergency preparedness and response planning (EPRP) at the national level and provides appropriate coordination and capacity building support to country office on EPRP.
· Supports MAP humanitarian advocacy work by engaging with country forums in advancing MAP advocacy priorities as embodied in the national commitments.
· Where appropriate, supports MAP fundraising and communications work at the national
· Ensures regular reporting to HQ on regular programmes (Seasonal Qurbani and Ramdan distribution)