- NovusAltair.com is the UK-based ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001 certified and SIA (ACS) approved provider of professional Security Services.
- The company also provides IT and R&D solutions to a range of businesses.
- With annual sales growing steadily year-on-year we are stepping into the future strong and confident.
- Our R & D team is outstanding having introduced revolutionary concepts in using Robots and Drones for the Security Industry.
- We envisage seeing ourselves as a world-class service provider in the near future.
- As such we are looking to hire a senior, technically capable, and versatile candidate having experience and skills in PHP and Software Quality Assurance.
- Towards reaching our business goals we have established a software development team in Karachi, Pakistan which works very closely with the London head office.
- As such we are looking for a Full Stack Developer cum SQA to manage and develop application development projects for our clients as well as internal purposes.
- We are looking for a motivated individual and technology enthusiast to manage and be part of our tech team and grow their career.
- Develop, record, and maintain cutting-edge web-based PHP applications using industry-standard tools and techniques.
- Take a leading role in manual testing; actively involved in the creation of detailed test plans, test cases, and test scenarios for different application modules according to functional requirements and business specifications.
- Help drive the definition of PHP and JS frameworks to support new features and refactor legacy elements.
- Lead and take part in designing solutions architecture and various technical solutions.
- Conduct smoke, functional, UI, regression, and ad-hock testing and closely coordinate with PM.
- Convert finished specification or design into functional software in a LAMP environment.
- Write technical as well as non-technical project specifications; record all procedures.
- Ability to think critically, conduct research and creatively solve problems.
- Clear communication with stakeholders and peers, and the ability to collaborate as a team.
- Review product needs documents and participates in call integration with partners.
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues.
- Resolve identified issues related with PHP development.
- Liaise with stakeholders varying from senior managers to various technical personnel.
- Head responsibility to evaluate, design, develop and assist application systems.
- Maintain and manage clear and complete technical documentation of assigned projects.
- Manage projects and teams effectively to ensure business goals are met.
- Prepare solutions with recent applicable tools to execute client-specific interfaces, workflows, and data analysis libraries.
- Guide business decisions from a technical perspective like performance, reliability, scalability and security.
- Write clean object-oriented PHP as well as efficient SQL.
- Monitor coding standard of subordinates in PHP development pool.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
- Conduct unit testing and deployment of software into production.
- Break down software specification into its simplest elements and translate the business logic into a programming language.
- Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Identify, analyze and document defects utilizing JIRA as bugs tracking system.
- Work closely with the development team, BAs and QAs as well as stakeholders and members of management
- Perform database administration and development, as well as web development.
- Adhere to Agile development standards.
- Participate in all assigned projects as a SCRUM team member.
- Extensive command over code repositories management, especially GIT hub.
- As a member of the Scrum team, participate in daily stand-up meetings, project status meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews
- Take an active role in static testing activities such as design review and requirements inspections to identify ambiguity and inconsistency in requirements as well as improve the design of company software products and all other assigned projects.
- Responsible for defect tracking, defect reporting and defect reproducing. JIRA must be used to log all kinds of bugs and defects in a timely manner.
- Extensive involvement in Mobile testing (iOS and Android) for native and hybrid platforms.
- Identify the behavior of Web application on different screens and layouts. Responsive testing of different screen sizes, browsers and devices.
- Test compatibility of applications on different platforms (Windows and Linux), browser versions (Edge, Firefox, Safari and Chrome etc).
- Create traceability matrices; maintain test and bug reports and other test related documents.
- Take part in system integration and user acceptance testing (UAT) at later stages of SDLC.
- Lead initiative for detailed documentation of QA reports.
- To utilize knowledge of Testing Techniques, Types of Testing and Test Levels at different stages of our products and projects.
- Module wise testing and then complete application testing (black box) as per the test scripts and requirements specification documents.
Note: The list of JD is indicative and not exhaustive and the nature and scope of your duties may vary in accordance with the business needs.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- 5+ years professional development experience using LAMP stack including Software Quality Assurance.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- 7+ years of professional development experience using LAMP stack including Software Quality Assurance.
Background, skills and experience
- Expert-level PHP programming and working knowledge of at least one popular MVC framework ( Laravel (preferable), Yii, Symfony or Code Igniter)
- Experience in full-lifecycle of software product development, from start till end.
- Strong API design skills along with experience in designing & consuming Restful web services.
- Solid grasp of design patterns, solid & clean coding principles.
- Good knowledge of version control tools, GIT.
- Strong knowledge of both relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB).
- Demonstrable knowledge of web technologies including bootstrap and extensive JS knowledge.
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google – especially Google Maps and location-based services, Facebook, eBay etc)
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas.
- Extensive experience in software testing (test-case writing, review, defect reporting, testing strategies, etc.)
- Experience testing complex Web applications, Android and iOS applications (Hybrid + Native)
- Sound understanding of Software Quality Assurance principles
- Experience of using any test automation framework
- Familiarity with agile development methodology and Scrum
- Good understanding of using databases (SQL query writing, database comparisons, etc.)
- Experience in Selenium and Gherkin
- Evidence of background, qualifications, skills and experience will be assessed against your application and references provided.
- Personal qualities will be assessed against references and your performance at the interview.