This is to inform all that some fraudsters are using fake identities, pretending to represent Pakistan Reading Project and posting fake job vacancies on online job portals and sending fake interview calls through e-mails and letters. Pakistan Reading Project only uses the [email protected] email address to send job related emails. Any communication received from a domain other than @pakreading.org DOES NOT represent official communications from Pakistan Reading Project. Please ignore any such communication.
Pakistan Reading Project (PRP) is a USAID funded project to improve the quality of reading in public and private schools across Pakistan, supporting at least 2.5 million additional primary school students to read at a level commensurate with standards at their grade level. This goal will be supported by the mutually-reinforcing components of teacher education and professional development (PD), systems reform, and civil society engagement. The Pakistan Reading Project is a five year project to be implemented in 67 districts of 8 provinces across Pakistan.
· Write complex queries and related procedures to generate insights from data sources while ensuring safety and security control measures.
· Write views, functions and triggers in database to increase system performance
· Document and comment about the function and performance or output of the scripts.
· Support in the development of analytical modules of IS dashboard, this includes coding & testing of scripts, integration of UI components, retrieve aggregate level data through queries to populate graphs, and web reports.
· Provide support to create business intelligence interfaces, work-flows, access levels, data models, and multi-dimensional analysis control for various visualization and tabulation of performance data.
· Provide support database manager on regular basis to enhance data structures, back-end schemas and related server and client side programing.
· Participate in M&E events to discuss the M&E IS implementation and related challenges to identify areas of improvement and user requirements.
· Provide support to end users, and any other task as assigned by supervisor.
· To write test functions for data model and application modules
· To run the program script to test the syntax to evaluate outputs
· To document comments and report test results
· To manage necessary installation and updates of software at Windows based server side
· To manage deployment of the database syntax and program script for pilot testing and penetration
· To manage deployment of application functions and pilot testing
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Position directly supervises: Database Manager
Indirect Reporting: Other Internal and/or external contacts:
· University Graduate Degree (preferably in Information Technology / Computer science)
· At least 3-4 years work experience in software development preferably with USAID funded projects.
· Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
· Must have working experience of Codeigniter and Bootstrap themes to incorporate them in the application modules.
· Develop database schema and the database structural models
· Explore new tools to upgrade system performance.
This project has extensive field travel and the candidate should be willing to travel across province/region and to remote areas (at least 20% time will be spent in the field)
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project, implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners (Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management), is a seven-year project (2013-2020) with the objective to support the provincial and regional departme ...阅读更多