If you have a strong passion for the Android platform and are looking to join a seasoned team of IT professionals, this could be an advantageous next step. We are experiencing rapid growth and are seeking a Lead Android Developer/Trainer to coach and mentor our incoming classes of consultants.
This position involves overseeing, in partnership with a consultant development manager, a diverse body of IT consultants throughout their career, or lifecycle, with our company. This looks like: Training, Marketing, Project. Not only will you assist and guide onboarding consultants with their onsite *technical* TRAINING in Atlanta, but you will be preparing your consultants in effective *technical* and *actively engaging* behaviors to successfully win interviews, and finally, you will track your consultants' success on project - doing whatever it takes to ensure the consultant remains successfully working and billing on project.
Desired Qualifications Include:
• 5+ Years of professional hands-on development experience
• Degree in the Computer Science field, Software Engineering or Math
• Published Android Apps
Desired Skills (Including but Not Limited to):
• Experience with building Android apps in both a UI/UX capacity as well as back-end
• Design patterns and architecture concepts such as MVC, MVVM, and MVP, Builder, Factory, Singleton, Adapter, Proxy, Façade, Bridge, Observer, Command
• MVVM versus MVP versus MVC - which ones lend themselves to testing - why choose one over the other? What does one address that others may not?
• TDD and testing, unit testing, instrumentation testing, functional testing, stress testing
• Testing tools such as Espresso, Mockito, Junit
• OOO and S.O.L.I.D. principles
• What to consider when building an app from scratch and doing so (who is using the app - what's the intended outcome, the release date the budget, the architecture, the 3rd party libraries, the communication between the layers, how testing will be set up, etc.)
• Version Control - GIT, GitHub, pull requests, branching, BitBucket
• Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Travis, Circle CI
• Asynchronous task - asynctask, intent services, handlers, loopers, threads, runnables, loaders,
• 3rd party libraries - Retrofit, Volley, OKHTTP, GSON, Jackson, RXJava, HTTPURLConnector
• Local Databases - SQLite, Firebase, Parse, Realm
• Notifications - GCM, FCM, MixPanel, Flurry, Push Bots, PubNub, Firebase
• Security - Obfuscation, Encryption, SSL, Certification Pinning, Tokens
• Fingerprint authentication
• Dev Environment management - Agile, Scrum, Sprints
• Dependency Injection usage
• Android Pay
• Media Streaming Solutions - Media Player, ExoPlayer, etc.
• Bluetooth, BLE, NFC