My career choice is driven by my principles, values and life goals. I have 6 years of work experience in education, training and development which has helped me to play my effective role in different spheres by working in heart of the local communities to overcome the leading issues of Pakistan, such as quality education, student enrollment, gender equality, women empowerment, health and hygiene, cultural and ethical dilemmas.
• Conceptualized and developed Field management Support System (FMSS) for 35 partner schools in Sindh
• Trained and coordinated with 190 plus teachers of APWA and SEF Schools on ECE and Pedagogical Leadership program(PLP)
• Conceptualized and piloted School Improvement Plan (SIP) and Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) in six All Pakistan Women Association (APWA) schools to achieve Minimum Standards of Education in Pakistan.
• Developed standardized tools including Classroom Observation Form (COF), School Visit Form (SVF) and Parent & Community Involvement Form to monitor and evaluate school performance and growth on SIP and PLCs
• Conducted assessments (baseline, midline and endline) to monitor and evaluate the growth of schools on quarterly bases.
• Conducted Training Need Assessments (TNA) through classroom observations, field surveys and focus groups to analyze the gaps and develop customized training content and follow up support system
• Conceptualized, reviewed and finalized the training content and modules for Early Childhood Education and Pedagogical Leadership trainings.
• Assisted partner schools in redesigning the ECE Scheme of Study (SOS), Unit Plans and Lesson Plans according to best education approaches
• Led research on TNA and survey findings to propose training content, future strategies for schools and engagement agenda/interventions for EFS
• Designed field mechanism and protocol to use monitoring tools to evaluate quality of education classrooms and overall governance in partnered schools.
• Trained and facilitated partner schools principals, school heads and operators on pedagogical leadership skills
British Council Connecting Classrooms Programme
- Leading a team of two people for impactful delivery of the Connecting Classrooms programme in 42 private and NGO adopted schools in Karachi.
- Spearhead implementation of Connecting classroom programme in 3 clusters of schools
- Ensuring successful execution of 7 ISA (International School Award) activities in 42 schools.
- Planning and organizing Connecting Classrooms Core Skills and International School Award (ISA) trainings with 42 participating schools’ teachers
- Ensuring quality of classroom learning is integrated with Core Skills and ISA trainings
British Council ILM-POSSIBLE: Take a Child to School (TACS) Programme
- Managing and planning delivery module for successful implementation of Dosti component in 33 districts and Generation Amazing component in 15 districts of Pakistan for students’ enrollment and retention in schools across Pakistan.
- Handling and coordinating programme implementation and logistics in Training of Facilitators (TOF), Training of Teachers (TOT) and support visits in both Dosti and Generation Amazing districts schools
- Managing programme timeline and ensuring successful implementation in both Dosti and Generation Amazing districts.
- Accessing impact of Dosti and Generation Amazing in student’s retention in schools through baseline and end line assessments
- Accessing students learning outcomes from Dosti and Generation Amazing components through quality assurance reports and students’ assessments
To provide a rich learning environment to students based on best teaching philosophies in education, I am developing a customized teacher guide (TG) and teaching resource for grade nursery and kindergarten.
The curriculum I have developed is based on 6 core strands which are: artistic and athletic abilities, environmental consciousness, communication skills,core values, conceptual understanding and critical thinking. To match the needs of TCF's students's and teacher's, TG is carefully designed to cover all six strands in the curriculum through theme based activities, customized storybooks, literacy, concrete maths concepts and 21st century social skills.
As an Early Year’s Homeroom teacher I designed and executed lesson plans by using appropriate pedagogy methodologies to achieve productive learning atmosphere for Homeroom subjects such as Literary, Numeracy, Science and International Primary Curriculum (IPC).
Introduced reading and writing through blending of letters into words through phonics and digraphs. I organized and prepared my students for events like Annual Recitals, Graduation Ceremony, New IPC themes and Art and Literature week.
Joined Roots School System (RSS) as a Montessori Directress. I designed lesson plans and modules on weekly bases with different activities for students according to teaching methodologies to enhance the learning skills and capabilities of children in and outside the classroom. Conducted Exercises for Practical Life (EPL) to develop and improve fine and gross motor skills of students. As a Montessori Directress of Advance Level I also organized and designed activities for events like Literature Awareness Day, Reading Week and Newspaper Awareness Week and also organized Annual Graduation Ceremony for which I prepared and managed children for their performances, speeches and activities. By end of the session overall my students achieved 90% on average in their major subjects like English, Urdu and Maths and below to average students showed remarkable improvement in their weak areas.