I am a Public Health professional. Throughout my career, I have attended various professional development courses and training and have strong qualifications including degrees such as MPH, FCPS (Community Medicine), MBBS and BCS (Computer Science). I have more than 7 years professional experience.
Based on my past experiences and a solid educational background, I feel that I can be a valuable asset to an organization. Since 2015, I have led, managed, and executed various small and large scale healthcare research projects on a variety of topics. I have also been involved in teaching medical courses to undergraduate and graduate students at some of the leading medical colleges and universities in Pakistan.
My expertise in leading and managing projects makes me uniquely suited to today`s working environment. I am driven, led by example, and demonstrate professional integrity in my work. The highlights of my professional career are as follows:
· Managing and looking after surveillance, contact screening, preventive TB treatment, MDR TB, TB-HIV co-infections, sputum transport mechanism and research activities in TB regions – National TB Control Program, Islamabad
· Establishing 40 bedded secondary level THQ hospital in remote areas of KPK – Medical Emergency Resilience Foundation (MERF), Peshawar
· Managing 100 bedded healthcare facility for emergency response services to COVID19 patients – Medical Emergency Resilience Foundation (MERF), Peshawar
· Received Best Resident of the Year Award in 2017 and 2019. - The Aga Khan University, Karachi
· Won a Research Grant of US$ 5000. - The Aga Khan University, Karachi
· Estimated catastrophic health expenditure, impoverishment expenditure and equity analysis in a healthcare financing project - The Aga Khan University, Karachi
· Trained Textile workers and performed panel data analysis using GEE model - The Aga Khan University, Karachi
· Performed health risk assessment and environmental risk assessment of river Ravi basin - The Aga Khan University, Karachi
It is a global fund's NFM III project based position. My job is looking over all the activities which are conducted in my target areas. My target areas are called as regions, which include Islamabad capital territory, Azad Jamu & Kashmir, and Gilgit-Baltistan. Implementation in these areas is directly under federal office unlike other provinces. All new initiatives, plans and interventions are first piloted in these regions.
My job is to improve all TB indictors in these areas. I have a team of 3 national program officers under my direct supervision. Besides these officers, more than 30 district coordinators and 100 screeners are also in my indirect supervision through national program officers. I have to identify gaps, suggest recommendations, and ensure implementation of interventions in the target areas. It includes:
a. Preventive TB treatment
b. LHW intervention
c. Contact screening
d. MDR TB interventions
e. Sputum transport mechanisms
f. TB / HIV activities
g. Research activities
h. Surveillance activities
It is an emergency response project. COVID19 Hospital is a COVID19 specialized hospital, having 10 ICU beds, 50 HDU beds and 40 General Isolation Beds. I worked since the start of the project. I made following important contributions:
· Worked as administrative lead and established of COVID19 hospital from administrative aspect
· Extension of facility and increasing its capacity from 50 beds to 100 beds
· Managed more than 250 employees; and facilitated recruitment, hiring and training of personnel
· Developed and implemented organizational policies and procedures in the facility
· Conducted and facilitated fiscal operations
· Established work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload, space & equipment availability
· Maintained communication between different staff cadres and coordination with Govt. of KPK, Health Foundation KPK, IRC (International Rescue Committee) and ECHO (European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations)
· Developed and implemented Public Health strategies such as, OPD & triage services, In-patient services, COVID19 PCR services, Awareness campaigns, Outreach and mobile services, Mental health and psychosocial support services, Mass screening services, Vaccination services (in-hospital and outreach), Home isolation services and Electronic Medical Record System, to facilitate ready availability of data for administrative and research purposes
I did internship for a period of 2 months in Sehat Sahulat Program as part of my Public Health training in Aga Khan University. I was mainly involved in research related tasks. I worked on analyzing patients of dengue who were visited the empanelled hospitals of the program. I also worked on a series of publications about current situation of financial health protection in Pakistan and its future prospects. Besides I was also involved in visiting empanelled hospitals, data management procedures, card distribution and card collection procedures.
Educational curriculum is provided by CPSP and covers all major areas of Public Health including health systems, communicable & non-communicable diseases, reproductive health, environmental & occupational health etc. I was rigorously involved in undergraduate teaching.
I was also involved in five standalone M.Sc. HPM courses comprising of 18 credit hours in total, i.e. Healthcare Financing, Cost- effectiveness and cost analysis, Quality management in healthcare services, Health systems research and Health sector reforms.
I was also involved in coordination facilitation of M.Sc. and CEP courses, i.e. Lot Quality Assurance Sampling, Fundamentals of clinical trials, Introduction to pharmaco- epidemiology & clinical trials.
I received university grant funding of 0.63 million rupees (about $5000) for my thesis titled "OOP expenditure in patients of delivery and cesarean section in public and private hospitals of Karachi". Besides, I was also involved in protocol writing, data collection, field & data management, data analysis and manuscript writing of various research and development projects i.e. Multi-faceted intervention study for textile workers of Karachi, Association between particulate matter and cardiovascular morbidity in urban areas of Karachi, Rural health project, Urban health program, Health impact assessment of river Ravi etc.
I also worked in at various provincial and national organizations as part of my placements, such as: assessment & quality improvement areas of polio campaigns at Directorate of Health services Karachi, assessment of Hospital waste management system of a tertiary care hospital at Sindh Environmental Protection Agency, PESTLE Analysis of Suraj Social Franchising at Maries Stopes Society, assessment of midwifery training & working at MNCH Sindh and involvement in development of TORs for evaluation of effectiveness of insurance scheme at Sehat Sahulat Program.
Besides the main tasks assigned by the department, I also worked in other research projects along with my other colleagues, titled ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œEvaluation of the implementation of international health regulations in the federally administered tribal areas Pakistan. I also conducted a research on CVS patients as part of my MPH thesis, titled ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œAssessment of dietary pattern of patients with cardiovascular diseases in a tertiary care hospital of Peshawar.
During my internship, I analyzed scope of work, quality assurance mechanisms, and key organizational challenges faced by Sindh Environmental Protection Agency. I also studied various environmental assessments performed by Sindh EPA. I also analyzed Sindh Hospital Waste Management Act 2013. The methodology used in Air Pollution monitoring project was understood and critically analyzed. As part of assignment by the office; I assessed Hospital Waste Management Mehtods in a tertiary care hospital. The recommendations were well received by the office.
During my internship, I was involved in activities including observation of the system, desk review of organizational documents, key informant interviews, field visit to Behtar Zindagi Center and PESTLE analysis of Suraj Social Franchising. I observed scope of work, approach to service delivery, quality assurance mechanisms, and key organizational challenges faced by Marie Stopes Society, Pakistan. I also analyzee sustainability potential of MSS to continue uninterrupted service delivery in underserved areas. I also assessed role of UK’s Department for International Development (UK-DFID) funded Delivering Accelerated Family Planning in Pakistan (DAFPAK) project in improving the scale of service delivery and sustainability potential of MSS. I assessed and described contextual risks and opportunities for MSS to enhance its business effectiveness and impact creation. I conducted desk review of organizational documents, conducted key informant interviews, paid visit to Behtar Zindagi centre and conducted SWOT and PESTLE analyses to contextualize findings.
A report was developed mentioning ecommendations for improving organizational effectiveness and sustainability potential for uninterrupted service delivery in underserved areas.
I observed the hierarchy of working at MNCH office and roles and responsibilities of different personnel at MNCH office. I also assessed functions of different sections within MNCH office and their linkages with other public and private sector organizations/departments. I observe training of community midwives (CMWs) in training schools and also reviewed ongoing projects running in collaboration with other sectors/ organizations. I also critically analyzed DHIS data contributed by CMWs and their process of monitoring and evaluation.
My prime job was teaching undergraduate students, performing journal clubs and supervising in research.
Skill development was done in the areas of teaching, communication, presentation and Public health practice.