· 15+ years of multi-disciplinary experience with International Development organizations in managing multi sectoral programmes in the field of emergency, humanitarian assistance, development, governance, policy and public sector reforms.
· Basic Interventions: Program Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation, Reports Writing, Researches, Fundraising, Operations management, Coordination and Partnerships, Information Management, humanitarian affairs and response, advocacy, financial management, strategic planning, governance and public policy.
· Technical Capacity Development of Government Counterparts and National Staffs: Have extensive experience of increasing the capacity of government counterparts and other stakeholders to coordinate and implement community based disaster risk reduction activities in Thailand, Philippine, Kenya, South Sudan and Pakistan.
· Programme Management Experience: Contributed effectively in the capacity of Programme Management, Disaster Preparedness and Hazard, Capacity Planning and Development, Emergency Response, Protection, Conflict Transformation and Early Warning System through effective application of Results Based Management (RBM).
· Monitoring and Evaluation: Have the opportunity to grasp the knowledge of Project Monitoring Reports (PMRs) and Mid Term/Annual Reviews (MTRs) while working at program level with ActionAid, NRC, MAP in post conflict emergency in Pakistan, Kenya and South Sudan;
· Programme Documents and Donors Reporting: Excellent writing, reviewing and editing different reports/proposals skills including Program Final Reports and Donors’ Proposals for funds generation and management of financial resources. Also have an excellent command of data gathering, data/statistics management and research.
· Inter-agency/Cluster Coordination and Joint Programming: Represented parent organization in inter-agency bodies steering the joint programme (Cluster Approach) by assisting in CHAP, CAP and other funding mechanisms.
· Donor Experience: ECHO, DFID, SIDA, German MoFA, Norwegian MoFA, UNICEF, UNHCR, EU, UNOCHA, USAID, NDRMF and bilateral governments/foundations.
· Led and managed all programs in KP including planning, program and financial management, coordination, monitoring and evaluation in line with MdM mandate and framework, and donors’ agreements.
· Liaised with KP stakeholders at provincial, district and community levels to ensure close coordination, networking and smooth implementation with collaboration of Government counterpart and represent MdM at all forums.
· Developed roadmap for empowerment of base management through diagnosis, capacity building and support system to streamline their overall project management skills and budget utilization;
· Sustained MdM intervention in KP by generating support from Department of Health at District and Provincial level with collaboration of other relevant department and authorities;
· Supported HR department in ensuring recruitment, staff orientation, leave management and exit management processes and managed/ supervised more 125 staff in line with relevant policies and procedures.
· Resumed suspended operations/ activities at District Tank through close coordination of relevant authorities and district administration which was suspended for more than 06 months due to security reasons.
· Developed partnership with Director General Health Services, Department of Health, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by signing Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for collaborative and coordinated program implementation, sustainability and future intervention in the province.
· Expanded MdM interventions to KP Merged Districts (Ex-FATA) and securing NOCs for District Khyber and Kurram in pilot phase for healthcare intervention along with NOCs for KP projects.
· Led and managed COVID-19 emergency response in KP and Merged Districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa with collaboration of Government counterpart;
· Developed new business opportunities for expanded intervention and supported fundraising, including development of high quality concept notes, proposals and budgets for donors like DFID and ECHO in consortium with other partner organizations and successfully secure funding from ECHO for COVID response.
· Led the planning, organisation, implementation, budget management, and reporting of MA interventions in KP;
· Designed and developed proposals for long-term programme interventions and seek sources of funding for new programmes in KP and Baluchistan;
· Created strong ties with KP and Baluchistan Government / UN agencies and INGO’s working in the area, develop good rapport of Muslim Aid Pakistan and created partnerships in humanitarian and development projects.
· Represented Muslim Aid Pakistan on various forums, clusters, working groups and Government departments;
· Developed partnership with PDMA, FDMA and other government line agencies and successfully signed MOUs with PDMA KP and Baluchistan;
· Supported the expansion of MA interventions to Tribal Districts (Ex-FATA) and Baluchistan with signing of MOUs and securing timely NOCs from relevant authorities;
· Led Drought Emergency Response at Baluchistan with expansion of MA interventions to four districts of Baluchistan;
· Supported the mobilisation of funding from different donors including NDRMF, UNICEF, USAID and PHPF-OCHA and secured 04 projects with establishment of 03 new offices at District Pishin, Killa Abdullah and Chaghi and hired more than 100 staff for drought emergency response;
· Initiated joint proposals with government departments including PDMA, ministry of Education and Health at KP and Baluchistan;
· Participated in integrated strategic planning with CO and help identify future project opportunities for MA;
· Monitored and managed Implementing Partners in field and evaluate their performance as per approved project documents and outcomes.
· Led the process of developing project implementation plans for the National Platform with detailed activities, and budget for consortium partners;
· Implemented pilot projects to explore new ways for civil society to collaborate with the private sector, public sector, academic institutions, partner organisations and the UN to support surge in the Country;
· Coordinated and supported 07 INGOs in developing MOU and Terms and conditions for the deployments through shared roster and ensured that the participating agency liabilities are protected;
· Designed, developed and facilitated E-module for the regional roster training in close coordination with other stakeholders;
· Coordinated and supported agencies in developing recruitment policies and associated documents;
· Played an important role in developing training package for surge professionals and capacity building of roster members;
· Coordinated with technology provider of a sustainable Roster Technology/software;
· Facilitated multiple TSC trainings at regional and country level for different agencies as a lead facilitator.
· Support the linking of shared roster with PHF, NHN, NDMA, PDMA and other relevant stakeholders for roster sustainability;
· Provided expert legal, policy and thematic advice on refugee and migrant rights’ law, policies and issues, individual cases, and coordinated implementation of these policies and strategies;
· Undertook quality research, including by organizing or participating in field research missions, to contribute to national strategies for the protection of refugees, migrants, internally displaced persons, and stateless persons;
· Coordinated the promotion of international refugee law principles and standards and also IDP legislation or policies ensuring that all sectors and clusters fulfil their responsibilities mainstreaming protection;
· Contribute to the development and implementation of a comprehensive training and development program for refugee law defending lawyers across Pakistan, including by preparing training materials and leading in training initiatives for organization working on refugee rights and UNHCR partners;
· Supported a consultative process with government counterparts at local levels, partners and persons of concern to develop and implement integrated strategies that address the key protection priorities, including, for example, child protection, education and health, and solutions approaches;
· Promoted confidence building and conflict resolution among populations of concern, authorities and host communities;
· Monitored, tracked and verified that expenditure of implementing partners of Directorate of Culture are in line with the allocated budget and project documents across 25 districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa;
· Prepared project control reports with the current status of programme implementation and financial status;
· Supported the selection and engagement process of more than 57 implementing partners in 25 districts of KP, and the execution of the audits, including obtaining reports, reviewing outcomes and following-up with recommendations.
· Documented the lessons learned with recommendations for project partners and stakeholders to improve the design/activities and implementation strategy of similar projects/programs in future;
· Led the development and maintenance of a functioning monitoring, evaluation and reporting system, which were coherent with project documents and Terms of Reference (TOR), and generate data that allows for programme analysis and which ensured that all grantees submit timely, regular and structured monitoring reports;
· Directed data auditing and verification, as well as programmatic spot checks, to assure internal consistency and validity of programme activity monitoring data reported by all IPs. through periodic data verification and auditing and spot check visits to IPs at all levels;
· Maintained the M&E database; review incoming data (for quality and programmatic compliance); ensure the quality of database and that the M&E data is readily available.
· Assumed overall oversight of the humanitarian response including emergencies response;
· Managed and supported growing number of grants (multiple sectors), ensured strict compliance of programme activities with organizational policies and procedures and with relevant donor regulations and agreements, as well as the minimum standards of humanitarian relief and SPHERE guidelines;
· Developed new business opportunities and supported fundraising, including development of high quality concept notes, proposals and budgets for donors;
· Prepared and oversaw programme implementation ensuring that delivery of programme activities are within the agreed timescale and budget (for example, monitoring against log frames);
· Monitored, evaluated and suggested changes and improvements in the project based on observations and discussions with the local staff and the management;
· Assisted the management in the development of Country strategy, action plan and advocacy messages and other priorities in the country programming frameworks;
· Carried out assessments to identify areas of expansion and participated and represented organization in relevant coordination meetings;
· Ensured optimal safety and security management procedures and practices are in place for the humanitarian response and continually monitor the safety and security situation, ensured that new programmes are built around security considerations and adapting staff safety and security procedures;
· Supported the government officials in the implementation of National Response Plan, ensured coherent crisis response strategies and operational plans; identified gaps & took immediate actions to improve response systems;
· Alerted the government officials and UNMEER senior management about response gaps for which solutions have not been identified. Ensured coordinated follow up on identified issues;
· Established and chaired regular coordination meetings with UN and other relevant partners in order to ensure adequate response by the UN; jointly identify outbreak response gaps and solutions;
· Promoted appropriate emergency response actions while at the same time considering the need for delivery of essential services and early recovery;
· Facilitated and coordinated the UN Ebola Emergency Response at the national level;
· Established effective contact mechanisms with UN and other partners; with specific attention to affected areas and hotspots to monitor the situation and facilitate implementation of required actions;
· Supported the Information Management systems by collecting information on partners/stakeholders and provided timely reports to the HQ and government counterparts;
· Established relations with Government and International community counterparts across the border to ensure sharing of information and establishment of protocols and strategies to prevent cross-border contamination.
· Supported the planning, implementation, financial management and follow-up of projects, monitoring and evaluation, reports writings, coordination and partnerships development, advocacy, information management, team and government counterparts’ capacity building and overall programme management;
· Monitored budgets and ensured activities are in line with proposals and funds are used appropriately;
· Managed the field office including the control of expenditures, staff movement, administrative and logistics matters and any other aspects pertaining to the smooth running of NRC field office;
· Assessed needs for capacity building among staff, local resource persons and partners and organized additional training for the staff and local Ministry officials as necessary;
· Monitored work plans and prepared budget revisions, ensuring that activity-based and financial revisions to work plans are in line with the overall program priorities and communicated regularly to the program leads;
· Conducted regular monitoring, supervision and assessment missions to field sites in order to ensure adequate and quality project implementation;
· Expanded and strengthened partnership with government ministries and other partners. Liaised with NRC team as well as with other project partners. Attended meetings as required.
· Assisted in preparation of timely and quality project reports and project proposals to external donors;
· Participated in the establishment of project work plan, and ensure the successful and timely implementation of all projects’ activities according to NRC Project Management Cycle and NRC’s Core Competency guidelines;
· Provided inputs and technical support in internal planning, program development and processes, IDPs and refugees mixed solution, migration matters, Country Programme Document, Country Programme Action Plan;
· Assisted program lead in management of ICLA grants and coordination of budget utilization and follow ups;
· Developed implementation plan of project for area offices and monitor activities according to programme mandate & donor requirements;
· Provided professional legal aid and counseling to NRC beneficiaries;
· Registered and processed legal cases submitted in the relevant courts of law and represented NRC beneficiaries;
· Reviewed and prepared legal claims for referral to other organizations/Implementing partners (IPs) and cluster;
· Documented the Protection cases on the basis of vulnerability & Identification of vulnerable ones;
· Provided NRC beneficiaries with accurate and updated information on the legal and administrative assistance available through the ICLA program;
· Facilitated training and information sessions on legal issues as required and coordinated activities to synergize with other NRC programs and partners;
· Received IDP families and organized their processing at camp and inform them about the procedures set for the registration exercise;
· Collected and verified information provided by IDP families in order to define their eligibility to be registered and to receive assistance in camps;
· Verified the eligibility of IDPs according to SOP endorsed by UNHCR and PDMA;
· Developed strategies for the Camp Management project/s according to geo-programmatic expansion;
· Facilitated the designing, development and monitoring of Camp Management projects and ensure high technical quality and synergies within projects;
· Assessed the needs for capacity building among staff and local resource persons and partners and organize additional training for the staff and local Stakeholders as necessary;
· Cooperated with government counterparts and other partners and communicate with and facilitate necessary agreements with local community and partners in line with the IRC protocol for communication;
· Informed and sensitized IDP families about steps further to registration including right to assistance and type of assistance;
· Developed, managed and implemented communication, external relations and advocacy strategies;
· Provided assistance in the implementation of different social development programs;
· Collected information relating to protection issues in targeted areas and update IRC partner organizations on current issues related to affected population;
· Monitored protection concerns, record incidents on monitoring tool and share with Protection Manager and relevant stakeholder for resolution;
· Provided legal awareness sessions to targeted population on family, inheritance, property laws and procedures on document recovery;
· Provided beneficiaries with accurate and updated information on the legal and administrative assistance available through the protection program;
· Registered and process administrative requests submitted by beneficiaries e.g. providing assistance in CNIC’s, Birth Certificates, Form-B, BDC, Disability certificate, BISP etc.;
· Formed of protection committees and paralegal groups and train them on humanitarian protection, basic Pakistani laws (legal handbooks) and facilitate them in disseminating gained information to wider community;
· Provided technical assistance to the Program Management Unit for the development and implementation of programs, as well as technical advice in the development of emergency and rehabilitation strategy;
· Contributed to the narrative and budgets for proposals with the programme team and the programme manager;
· Develop implementation plans and delegate to the area offices and monitor the budget(s) according to donor requirements;
· Provided technical support and inputs in the development of sector policies and strategies; and subsector programme/ project management;
· Carried out need assessments, and liaise with different stakeholders to develop consolidated and harmonized response strategy and mechanisms;
· Provided inputs in the development of annual activity and work plans;
· Provided weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on upcoming activities, progress and achievements made in the designated areas of responsibility;
· Facilitated the development, management and implementation of projects, external relations and advocacy strategies;
· Developed the project strategy for the new financial year (2006-07) and designed programs for switching from relief and rehabilitation to the reconstruction phase;
· Developed proposals and budgets on emergency relief and long term rehabilitation projects for submitting to donors like WFP, USAID, UNOCHA and ECHO and secured funding;
· Effectively supervised a team of more than 30 male and female staff belonging to different cultural background for achieving the overall project goal;
· Established linkages with local and district government official and local NGO for emergency interventions;
· Participated and contributed in designing, developing, implementing and monitoring policy issues by assisting in emergencies to develop early warning mechanism and promote community based disaster risk reduction planning to avoid hazards in future;
· Provided technical assistance to the field team and partners for the smooth implementation of Health care program;
· Developed work plans and prepared budget revisions, ensuring that activity-based and financial revisions to work plans are in line with the overall Project priorities and communicated regularly to the Programme Manager;
· Identified potential local partners within NGOs and private sector and civil society;
· facilitated capacity building trainings on malaria case management and other health related topics in the district;
· Conducted community awareness sessions regarding malaria prevention and treatment of Malaria Patients;
· Supervised and supported the daily work of all operational program staff, including office and field teams;
· Assisted line Manager in coordination and managing the projects according to strategy, proposals, plans and ensure adherence to policies;
· Developed weekly, monthly and quarterly work plans and reports of project activities, progress and achievements made in the designated areas of responsibility;
· Provided guidelines and support in the development of information materials for the awareness campaign mass communication;
· Established linkages with local and district government official and local NGO for project interventions.