Looking for a career opportunity that commensurate with my skills and qualification and that can provide me with a competitive working environment coupled with the opportunity for career growth and professional development.
Astute accounting, auditing and compliance specialist experienced in preparing and reviewing accounts, drafting audit reports and related compliance matters.
If my job requires relocation within or outside the region, I will definitely pursue it
Was responsible for compliance, accounts and other related matters wherein;
A. Compliance responsibilities involved:
Handle and control
1. Complete matters relating to taxation, including Income Tax, Sales Tax and Federal Excise duty.
2. SECP related matters/Corporate matters
3. Labor laws
4. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
B. Accounts responsibilities involved:
1. Preparation of the accounts, management accounts on monthly basis, supervising vouching and Bank reconciliation etc.
2. Maintain integrity of general ledger, including the chart of accounts.
3. Review of accounting transactions for submission at higher level/manager accounts
4. Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensure accuracy of financial statements.
C. Other responsibilities involved:
1. Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
2. Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
3. Prepare required report for presentation to senior management.
4. Any other matter, which may require my involvement and supervision.
1. Managed AP. included, Customer Vendor Relations, and the AP disbursement group handled all check disbursements, tax and all other applicable laws related matters.
2. Developed, implemented and maintained systems, procedure and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
3. Provided accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff; respond to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
4. Acted as a liaison between the company, government and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
5. Verified vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
6. Maintained historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
7. Accomplished accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
8. Advised management on the companys compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
1. Drafted the complete annual audit reports including all footnote disclosures.
2. Performed prescribed scripts and utilized friendly but firm attitude with full
knowledge of contractual requirements and legal remedies.
3. Provided extensive clerical and administrative support to department staff.
4. Visited premises of customers to collect payments directly.
5. Suggested budgetary changes to increase company profits.
6. Supervised and coordinated assigned audits promptly and professionally.
7. Worked with managers to develop annual expense plan goals.
8. Maintained integrity of general ledger, including the chart of accounts.
9. Prepared accurate financial statements at end of the quarter.
10. Prepared financial pages for presentation to senior management.
1. Worked closely with clients to properly fill out their tax forms and file their tax
2. Managed the filing of federal, state and local income taxes within established
3. Created periodic reports comparing budgeted costs to actual costs.
4. Computed taxes owed by applying prescribed rates, laws and regulations.
5. Finalized income and sales tax.
6. Prepared and followed up appeals for clients.
7. Trained the new recruits.
1. Reviewed collection reports to determine the status of collections and the
amounts of outstanding balances.
2. Processed payments and applied to customer balances.
3. Supervised accounts receivables clerks, team of five.
4. Compiled general ledger entries on a short schedule with nearly 100
5. Performed periodic budgeting/modeling to project monthly cash