Insurance sales agents help insurance companies generate new business by contacting potential customers and selling one or more types of insurance. Insurance sales agents explain various insurance policies and help clients choose plans that suit them.
Call potential clients to expand their customer base.
Interview prospective clients to get data about their financial resources and discuss existing coverage.
Explain the features of various policies.
Analyze clients’ current insurance policies and suggest additions or changes.
Customize insurance programs to suit individual clients.
Handle policy renewals.
Maintain electronic and paper records.
Help policyholders settle claims.
1. Achieving the sales targets by converting the leads into business; working out strategies for effective marketing based on area, client base and development potential
2. Implementing sales promotional activities as part of brand building and market development effort; creating and sustaining a dynamic environment that fosters development opportunities and motivates high performance among team members
3. Analyzing business potential, conceptualizing & executing strategies to drive sales, augmenting turnover and meeting the desired targets; leading, mentoring, training & monitoring the performance of team members to ensure efficiency in process operations and meeting of individual & group targets
4. Supervising customer service operations for rendering and achieving quality services; providing first line customer support by answering queries and resolving their issues, ensuring minimum TAT
5. Driving sales efforts throughout sales force and distributor channels; identifying, qualifying and pursuing business opportunities through market surveys and mapping as per targeted plans as well as through lead generation