? Carryout need assessment and base line survey in the project areas on locally available nutrition supplies and food items.
? To develop working for the community orientation and capacity building on producing nutrient food based on local available resources, IYCF and hygiene promotion.
? Formation/reactivation/strengthening of Health Management Committees as per government approved structure, policies and procedures.
? Mobilize community on improved child nutrition and IYCF practices.
? Organize referral of children with malnutrition from community to health facilities.
? Follow up all referrals to and from SC and document the outcome.
• performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations;
• carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses;
• preparing specimens and samples;
• constructing, maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment, for example centrifuges, titrates, pipetting machines and pH meters;
• ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced;
• recording and sometimes interpreting results to present to senior colleagues;
• using computers and performing mathematical calculations for the preparation of graphs;
• keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability;
• conducting searches on identified topics relevant to the research;
• Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.