I am a highly motivated and top-performing leader with extensive experience of overseeing entire life cycle of supply chain operations and procurement prospects of textile, petro-chemical and telecom industry, while developing strong business relationships with suppliers, vendors, upstream and downstream markets. I have managed high cost procurement projects from the time of indent received to the final commissioning and installation of subjected machinery and equipment. Â My success record is proven in designing supply chain and distribution segments of business, with a capacity of 60,000 sq. ft warehouse for Nokia repair factory along with 18 care centers across Pakistan. Â I am highly skilled in examining and supervising E2E business activity worth Â multi million dollars comprising of a set of supply chain operation, including, demand forecasting; local procurement; imports; material management; logistics and distribution. My skills are excelled in vendor evaluation, prequalification and approval method, standard management policies/ procedures, warehouse audits, logistic readiness, and distribution.
My key skills include Distribution Management, Warehouse Operations, Motivational Leadership, International Trade Negotiation, Risk Management, Procurement Operations, Financial Budgeting, Material/Supplier Management, Supply Chain Management, Customs Taxation, Import/ Export Trade Development and KPIs Management.
Currently, I am serving as supply chain manager in Al-Khair Group. The key role of my position is the development of supply chain department of two manufacturing units comprising of large scale procurement of chemicals and allied production material; warehousing of bank pledged material at different locations. Leading and managing the team of professionals comprising of purchasers, import officers, finance executive, warehouse in charge, store managers and logistic executive to complete the chain of supplies and demands of production and inbound/outbound logistics.
Prior to that I was serving as Manager Import ( Supply Chain Department ) of a textile manufacturing unit . Where I was managing and controlling procurement of fabric, accessories, textile machinery, parts and component from international supplierâs .Sourcing of new suppliers in international trade markets for competitive price and improved quality products and services. Key account person for LC negotiation with suppliers followed by UCP rules and regulations.
Responsible for the development of supply chain department of two manufacturing units comprising of large scale procurement of chemicals and allied production material; warehousing of bank pledged material at different locations. Leading and managing the team of professionals comprising of purchasers, import officers, finance executive, warehouse in charge, store managers and logistic executive to complete the chain of supplies and demands of production and inbound/outbound logistics.
Â Responsible for analytical reports to present companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s directors with regard of cost, efficiency and generic supplies consistency.
Â Managing the supply demand forecast of two manufacturing units comprising of multiple in-house and outsourced warehouses.
Â Managing business negotiation with international and local suppliers for timely, qualitative and right delivery of raw material, semi finished material; machinery and equipments.
Leading a consultancy team for development of an advanced supply chain module: to save the extra cost in supply chain operations; to enhance the transportation efficiency of company owned delivery vehicles.
Managed and controlled procurement of fabric, accessories, textile machinery, parts and component from international suppliers .Sourcing of new suppliers in international trade markets for competitive price and improved quality products and services. Key account person for LC negotiation with suppliers followed by UCP rules and regulations.
Managed import department for broad spectrum procurement prospects; forwarding and transportation operations followed by the SOP as defined in company's corporate policy.
Revisited the order cycles for fabric and save the 10% procurement cost.
Implemented the quadrant supply positioning model for analyzing the high/low cost products Vs high/low risk products.
Responsible for trade negotiations with approved suppliers from china, Europe and USA.
Re-evaluated the procurement prices and make a constant revisit of prices with international trade partners to lower the cost of acquisition of production raw material and other material.
Lead a team, with collaboration of designing department, for new product development.
Â Managed and controlled the services of more than 15 service vendors: a) Freight forwarding companies b) transportation companies c) courier companies d) custom house agents.
Responsible for analytical reports to present company director with regard of cost, efficiency and generic supplies consistency.
Functioned in close collaboration with cross functional teams to streamline and administer comprehensive and competent supply chain operations, such as forecasting; parts planning, production planning, and collaborative replenishment. Established and supervised supply chain operating model to facilitate commercial cycle for products and market services.
• Directed and organized end-to-end business activity worth multi million dollars and attained profit growth by 9% in first fiscal year as well as geared up customer satisfaction index by 6%.
• Played an integral role in establishing and devising SAP to assure effective and efficient work flow and material movement across the country.
• Successfully designed financial component of E2E business, sourcing and operational supply chain and directed all operational SOPs for demand reviews and key input of supplies.
Streamlined and supervised multi-million dollars supply chain operations of the factory and prearranged strategic financial component negotiations with international suppliers and trade partners from Europe, UAE, and China. Established and retained excellent working relations with customs house agents and other government agencies to assure timely clearance and availability of import material. Headed the responsibility for managing financial budgeting of the imports, production requirements, inbound/outbound logistics, and distribution.
• Organized VSM to improve distribution and shipping processes as well as reduce operational cost up to 15%.
• Spearheaded complete life-cycle of imports, procurement, material management, logistics, and distribution to significantly raise profitability growth by 17%.
• Enhanced team work and professional grooming of 100+ team members through training and couching session to manage various projects such as TARCO, E –logistics, and operational supply chain in SAP environment.
• Skillfully analyzed and created SPM (Supply Positioning Model) to improve minimum inventory level and material management, as well as hauled cost of material distribution to save $1M annually.
Supervised the team of business support staff and formulated plans to ensure performance against service level standards, within national constraints. Discussed with customs authorities to examine application of SROs and levy of duties and taxes. Coordinated with banks and finance departments to oversee payments and other instruments.
• Examined and managed all transportation operations, including dispatching, routing, tracking, and shipping activities to assure safe, prompt, and accurate delivery of machinery and equipment.
• Effectively handled the DTRE shipments of textile sector under SRO 450 and of automobile CKD kits under SRO 436 that cut the cost of doing business of manufacturer –cum-exporter in Pakistan.
• Oversaw imports of equipment and supplies worth billion in rupees, shipped from worldwide to support a wide range of projects of MNCs in Pakistan such as Honda Atlas cars, Nestle’ Pakistan, and textile industry.