I have record of working in outstanding and professional environments coupled with diverse and in-depth professional work experience in reputed organizations like Metito Overseas Limited, Hassan Mukhtar & Brothers & Grand Thornton - Pakistan.
My Professional qualifications that I have pursued and my professional experience that I have gained ha e both led to a great deal my personal and professional development. I have been in the field of Accounting & Finance since more than past 14 years. During this time I had many opportunities to be involved in various environments and challenging assignments. The exposure to such spectrum of organizations and environments has enabled me to develop a comprehensive understanding of key business cycles and processes implemented by a range of companies belonging to different sectors.
My tenure has not only sharpened my communication, team building, team managing and organizational skills but has also equipped me with the traits needed to deal with different situations in an innovative, effective and efficient manner
Working as a freelance, I am currently providing financial accounting services to a privately owned construction group. The group deals in construction of commercial and residential buildings and towers in different areas of Karachi. Based on terms and conditions of our contract, my work scope includes:
▪ Preparation of a separate chart of accounts for each project up to final accounts
▪ Preparation and implication of separate budgets for each project
▪ Managing group & project wise financing
▪ Preparation of project wise collection & outstanding balances reports, funds status reports & other financial reports
▪ Correspondence with the banks and preparation of reconciliations
▪ Processing supplier payments and transfers
▪ Preparation and monitoring of cash flow statements
▪ Correspondence with lawyers and legal advisors
▪ Supervision of administrative, management and maintenance issues
▪ Providing various regular and ad-hoc reports to the group owners
Associated with a multinational company METITO Overseas Ltd., one of the leaders in the design and supply of water / wastewater treatment and water desalination systems. Its headquarters for Africa and Asia is located in the United Arab Emirates, and it maintains regional headquarters in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Indonesia. The company is using specially designed complete ERP system INFOR for recording & reporting purpose:
-Checking the compliance and accuracy of all the invoices & payments processed by the team members & authorizing payments for trade / sundry suppliers & civil contractors
-Preparing & monitoring monthly multi dimensional cash disbursement report & payments forecast
-Regular comparison of payments forecast with project / company wise cash inflow report
(provided by AR team) to restrict the flow of payments with in AP budget
-Reviewing regular suppliers’ analysis reports & reconciliations prepared by the team members
-Examining general ledger balances and checking for rectification of errors and wrong accounting
-Generating weekly advance payments report and assurance of regular advances clearance process
-Supervising team members for clearance of invoices with purchase order discrepancies and stock related issues
-Delegation of regular & special tasks to team members
-Dealing with external auditors during interim & annual audit
-Generation of various AP reports as and when required by the Management
-Corresponding with IT department for continuous AP Automation / Improvement & reforms process
-Making all necessary correspondence with Suppliers & Banks
Worked with M/s Hassan Mukhtar & Brothers (International Agents of Brut & Denim, Disney & Barbie, Royal Mirage & Eternal Love & Cussons products in entire Middle East & Asia) as Financial Accountant serving the core areas of Accounts & Budgets. The organization was using computerized Accounting System Horizon for their recording & reporting purposes
-Finalization of quarterly & annual Financial Statements
-Assisting in preparing project budgets and securing project finance
-Managing short and long term cash flow requirements follow up on collections and ensuring timely liquidation of financial obligations
-Preparing monthly & regular suppliers’ / accounts payables’ analysis reports & reconciliations (e.g. principal payments,
discounts, currency exchange issues, aging analysis etc)
-Preparing payroll for the staff
-Managing IT function system analysis and implementation of software
-Evaluation & decision making of promotional schemes for sales department
-Managing company’s procurement function, price negotiations, and credit terms and monitoring other regular documentation.
-Negotiating and finalizing business agreements
-Performing complete cost computations for inventory
banks, suppliers, customers & creditors
I have been associated with Grant Thornton International - UK through Pakistan member firm Anjum Asim Shahid Rahman (Chartered Accountants). During this phase some of the major assignments that firm enabled me to perform are :
▪ An investigation assignment carried out at Habib Bank S.I.T.E Branch’s credits department. My part there was to investigate whether the interest and mark up policies (in respect of Running Finance) adopted by the Bank are being followed properly. We had investigated the accounts since 1987 up to 2002.
▪ Audit of funds generated by United Nations Development Program (UNDP) at Area Development Program Baluchistan (ADPB). We had performed fixed assets verifications at various UNDP offices located in different cities of Baluchistan.
▪ Audit of Employees' Provident Fund organized at Progas Pakistan Private Limited for the accounting years ended 2003, 2004 and 2005.
▪ Audit of receipts and payments account at Samsung Electronics Co,. Ltd. Pakistan Liaison Office.